Search results

1. J

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

They do make a couple (somewhat conflicting in terms of max power) points in the .pdf manual. "While the sensitivity is moderated to facilitate the extended bass, the system requires a substantial amplifier with a recommendation of 200W or more to achieve its full potential." "Note: OPAL1 is a...
  2. J

Preamp - thoughts

The LA4 is about the same width as the Pre90.
  3. J

PSB Synchrony B600 Measurements & Review

Very well done and well-written.
  4. J

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

Not really a consideration for me. The truly hideous ones are well beyond my budget. My wife has opinions but understands sound is my passion so doesn’t feel the need to intercede in all matters.
  5. J

AUDIOPHONICS HPA-DM750ET - end game power amp?

1ET400A is endgame for me in terms of power I can actually use but this thing is a beast indeed!
  6. J

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

I've pondered the comparison at this approximate price point as well. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/march-audio-sointuva.26085/page-18#post-1790093
  7. J

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Fantastic. Would love to see Klippel data on the BMR Tower as well.
  8. J

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Awesome feature! I like the idea of fixed freq. via cards as opposed to a pot or DSP.
  9. J

Bypass the op-amp input buffer - only Audiophonics?

The ability to bypass the buffer was a principal determinant (along with the slim form-factor) in my purchasing a pair of Audiophonics MPA-M400ET mono amps. Based on Amir's review, should have been no problem for my Topping Pre90. When I tried it, though, the sound was distinctly worse -...
  10. J

Stereo amps lacking HPF for mains in 2.1 setup… a big deal, or not?

I've often had the thought that Topping could make a perfectly clean, "black box" crossover. Wouldn't even need adjustability - 80Hz, 24dB/oct could cover the vast majority of needs.
  11. J

Dynaudio core 59's with a single quad core sub.?

All Or Nothing At All is such a great record...
  12. J

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

That's very cool! Granted, it's typically a once-and-done setting but still nice to avoid screws. I've been using a pair of the predecessor MPA-M400ET for a little over a year and they've been fantastic and trouble-free. Glad I got them when I did since the new wider form-factor would not have...
  13. J

There is nothing holy about the signal

Nothing is holy to me so, no.
  14. J

Would someone care to interprate Amir's measurements/reviews here? Revel v Wharfedale.

It's become the first thing I scroll to in a review. Living with the Revel M106 for a couple years now I've found it's a very important aspect to my ears, especially at higher levels, and when/if I upgrade I'd want it at least as low in the mid/treble and lower <500Hz.
  15. J

Right - that's what the current discussion centers around.
  16. J

Yup - everyone's a "designer". Hope he continues to go his own way and ignores the requests for designer parts with little ROI.
  17. J

March Audio Sointuva

As it happens I'm looking at the Philharmonic Audio BMR HT Towers in your sig but these have my eye as well! Very curious as to how they'd compare.
Top Bottom