Search results

1. MrPotatoHead

I built a sub - the Overdrive10

Thanks for that. I'm really happy with the look of the grille on the sub.
  2. MrPotatoHead

Thanks. I built those as well based on the Zaph ZD5 design. http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZD5.html While I was looking for that link I stumbled upon a video I made: Since then I built a matching center channel too.
  3. MrPotatoHead

OP here. I think it's because you can see the edges of Wolf's side panels whereas you're looking at just the baffle on mine. I kept his internal dimensions but changed the outside dims to accommodate my front bars and to recess the amp in the back, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  4. MrPotatoHead

KLH Model 5 review and measurements by Erins Audio Corner

I found this thread after seeing so many enthusiastically positive reviews of the KLH Model 5s - probably more than any other speaker I can recall (maybe because I was searching them out after seeing the initial praise). Are they all falling for the hype or are they receiving invisible...
  5. MrPotatoHead

The rods are solid aluminum.
  6. MrPotatoHead

I had planned to use adhesive if there was any chance of buzzing but they tapped in nice and tight.
  7. MrPotatoHead

Over a year ago I posted here that was searching for a design for a DIY sub. There were several great suggestions, but I ended up going with the Overdrive10 designed by @Wolf. It's a bandpass design with a 10-inch Dayton driver and a passive radiator. I bought the hardware a year ago and finally...
  8. MrPotatoHead

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Me too. I'm considering a BT DAC that I'll use exclusively to stream Qobuz from my phone and wonder what the degradation will be. If I'm using bluetooth exclusively, should I just settle for a lesser DAC since they might potentially sound similar? etc.
  9. MrPotatoHead

AVSForum is Talking ASR Smack!

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/does-anyone-base-there-buys-off-audiosciencereview.3219923/?utm_content=iss545&utm_source=threadloom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ed133#post-61098067
  10. MrPotatoHead

Lower Cost Stereo Receivers - excluding AV units

Ooh, thank you for pointing that out. I could spend more but it's for listening in my basement shop in which I'm often wearing ear protection. But, when it is quiet, I do appreciate good sound. But... it's still a shop! Mostly, I was clicking and clicking and then decided I was investing too...
  11. MrPotatoHead

Lower Cost Stereo Receivers - excluding AV units

I have a beloved Harman Kardon 690i receiver that I bought in college something like 39 years ago (!) that I think might finally be due for retirement. It's the thing that made me understand that equipment makes a difference - my dorm buddies had Technics and JVC receivers and we would swap out...
  12. MrPotatoHead

Considering a DIY Sub - got a favorite?

You're ahead of me! But my Dayton driver shipped so I'll be working on it soon... (Overdrive 10 mentioned previously)
  13. MrPotatoHead

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

The Confluence of Audio and Coffee, cont: Shortly after the power switch died on my espresso machine and I gave it the spa treatment, the gears on my Baratza Sette 270Wi grinder blew up (2020 persists, apparently). That grinder is notoriously loud and harsh sounding so while I had it apart, I...
  14. MrPotatoHead

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

The power switch on my Rocket Appartamento failed so while I had it in pieces to replace it, I painted the white plastic side panels yellow. Because I apparently like yellow.
  15. MrPotatoHead

I just heard the future of Magnepan! We all win...

That's an interesting and challenging problem to have. To be clear, I was referring to the OP comments about the prototype demo in Pittsburgh. There were other demos around the same time in other locations and the comments were overwhelmingly positive. Here's a post I just found...
  16. MrPotatoHead

I just heard the future of Magnepan! We all win...

A year ago the audio world gushed over this new speaker and then ... silence. I'm guessing that Covid didn't help but I'm wondering if any of you with inside connections have any fresh information to share.
  17. MrPotatoHead

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

I follow an automotive YouTuber who I really like and want to succeed but he says "...and stuff" so often it's starting to annoy me. It's the sort of thing that once you notice it, it gets amplified in your brain. I've contemplated giving him some constructive criticism on the side and just...
  18. MrPotatoHead

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

Great first interview, @HionHiFi. My only suggestion would be tighten it up with some editing.
  19. MrPotatoHead

Scanspeak 15W/8530K-00 5.5" Revelator Woofer

Selling a single Scanspeak driver. I bought a pair and used just one on a center channel speaker I built a few months ago. This driver is unused and has never been installed. I have the original packaging - but might trim it down to fit in shipping carton. More information: Scanspeak Price is...
  20. MrPotatoHead

bluetooth dac recommendation needed

Thanks. I won't be doing any critical listening in my shop but I wonder if it makes sense/any difference to go with a BT DAC that's capable of LDAC (YADA YADA). I'm driving a Dragonfly DAC connected to my OnePlus 7Pro and it's super flakey using the USB Audio Player Pro. Functionality >> audio...
Top Bottom