Search results

1. Dudi

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I recommend UMIK-1 USB microphone (about 100USD) with REW free software, cheap and that can measure everything you need, volume control, level meter built into the REW application. DEQ2496 has analogue microphone input and it is possible to switch it to the output, but I don't see reason to work...
  2. Dudi

Lindemann Limetree Review (streamer)

I was on a demo at local dealer's studio when Limetree arrived. The music had lot of sparkle with the Limetree and my significantly better DAC sounded somehow boring compared to it. I can understand if somebody with few experience buy this device, at first listening the bad (I mean around...
  3. Dudi

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Jumper connects RPI USB to Okto USB2 input, but it has an another USB1 and you can switch between them with the remote or in the menu, so not necessary to disconnect the jumper. Be alert with the jumper Pavel will send. Mine did not work, so I spent lot of time to figure out why Volumio don't...
  4. Dudi

It might depends on the power amplifier, but Okto Dac8 Stereo drives the Purifi 1ET400A bufferless with much, much more power, on Okto circuit board all eight outgoing channel has its own op amp, so it can provide lot of current to difficult to drive amplifiers. The custom output voltage is a...
  5. Dudi

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I use Behringer DEQ2496 for a long time ago and its analogue performance is not good at all but is is very well done in digital-digital domain. Since digital room correction is an important part of the audio chain, it could be nice to figure out some measurements about Behringer's digital...
  6. Dudi

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Mostly everything, except speakers: Matrix X-Sabre Pro Okto Research DAC Stereo D-Class amplifiers: Hypex NC250MP based (Hattor 250W), Purifi 1ET400A DIY Streamer (I recognised USB + low noise are the important factors at streamers): Allo USBridge Signature, RPI4 in Okto Researc DAC Thank you...
  7. Dudi

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core Room EQ Review

Behringer DEQ2496 performs very well in digital domain to me as well with its IIR filters (while analog part is so bad). Digital in/out is the main usage of these equipments, so I'm not sure Anti-Mode is bad as DSP.
  8. Dudi

PS Audio M700 Monoblock Amplifier Review

I can tell you my experience about it. The ambient noise level is about -92dBFs in my living room. Despite this noise level there is clear difference between 16bit and 24bit resolution. 16bit sounds raw and lumpy at highs without DAC dithering on. Dithering hides resolution problem. An...
  9. Dudi

Please don't forget, 122dB SINAD is true at max volume for this DAC. At normal music listening we won't use max volume, level of instruments in recordings could be about at DAC -12dBfs... -20dBFs level, depends on the power amplifier max power and necessary input level to drive. At -15dBFs this...
  10. Dudi

T+A DAC 8 Balanced DAC Review

Just a question about, how can I find a really good balanced (analogue) volume control ? I use Matrix X-Sabre Pro directly to Purifi amp with internal digital volume control (around at -10 dBfs), theoretically analogue volume control reduces noise as well as the signal while digital volume...
  11. Dudi

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Please let me to take a note about, Purifi eval board become very noisy when the DAC/source was disconnected, I don't know how it picks up that noise. It reduced to a very small hiss when source connected to the board. In normal use it is not an issue I guess.
  12. Dudi

DIY Purifi Amp builds

You are right and sorry for my indefinite description; SMPS1200 J4.6 connects to EVAL1 J3.1 and SMPS1200 J4.10 to EVAL1 J3.3 it will give you soft start, eval board switch bypass features and SMPS can switch the power off when amplifier in trouble. Same connectors contain +18V / -18V / GND for...
  13. Dudi

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hello, Here is my observartions I collected during my amp retrofitting to Purifi 1ET400A; - SMPS1200A400 fits well to Purify eval board. You must switch aux voltages of SMPS1200 to unregulated (jumpers on board) since it is regulated by default. - SMPS1200 does not have standby 5V power for...
  14. Dudi

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Exactly, I didn't want to sell that nice looking amplifier, the result is much better than NC250MP based original was. Just wanted to point to that, old/previous amplifier box could be a good base. JimB: Of course, please move the post to the DIY thread. I finished to write/answer into the...
  15. Dudi

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hello, I'm a regular reader of ASR, but never post comments. Please let me to take exception to share my Purifi DIY implementation. Purifi eval board is retrofitted to my previous amplifier, so it has volume control, remote and input selector with RCA-XLR converter. It sounds amazing, but...
Top Bottom