Search results

1. C

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Has there been a measurement of the effect of noise filters on frequency response on an AK4499 dac? Would be an interesting comparison to the ES9038Pro dacs.
  2. C

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

Wrong. It is allegedly calibrated at 425Hz and therefore will have bass at -10 to -20 lower than it would be with a Harman-correct headphone.
  3. C

There is no data whatsoever in the graphs about distortion of bass at the two higher levels (104db and 114db). This is not difficult to understand.
  4. C

If this is 114db at 425hz, there is only an amount of bass equal to that which a more harman-correct headphone would have at somewhere around 94db to 100db. And there isn't any method to deduce from this graph how much bass distortion this headphone would have if its bass were increased to...
  5. C

Does it really? It depends on how the measurement software calibrates its output. The software that I have used for this purpose (Room EQ Wizard) requires its output level to be calibrated at a specified frequency (I have used 300Hz). And if the 94, 104 and 114 db output levels in this...
  6. C

The measurements of several headphones here show that adding 10db of bass volume can lead to an exponential increase in bass distortion. This image is from the AKG K271 MK II review. There is a 10db difference between the blue and red lines.
  7. C

I would see calling something that has a 7 to 10 db bass deficit "a distortion-less transducer" misleading. How do you know if the bass distorts anything more or less than standard if there is no bass?
  8. C

Focal Stellia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

There are several advantages and disadvantages to various technologies of transducers and failing to acknowledge this on a hifi-themed forum would be both semi-bizarre and off topic in this particular thread.
  9. C

So which closed back dynamic headphone would you see as better or best in these regards? The Stellia can not be considered anything less than stellar in performance only when compared to absolutely nothing in the same category.
  10. C

If and when the reviews on ASR go wrong, they do so by omitting or failing to recognize some obvious strengths of various products instead of forcibly highlighting some perceived weaknesses. For example, who can name the best-measuring tube amplifier reviewed here? As far as I know, it would be...
  11. C

How good is the Tangent Ampster BT II

Hey I found this photo of its internals (from US Audio Mart) : How does that look?
  12. C

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

"Dan says he doesn't think complying with the target generates what he hears live. I agree with him on that, but disagree on desirability of it in the arsenal of the audiophile. I like that energy there! " When I'd want to hear what I hear live, I'd usually listen to a live recording. But that...
  13. C

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Do you have any plans to review this Audi-o'-science?
  14. C

Having a Feeling of Shame Gives Rise to Courage--SMSL M500 V2

Those measurements have voltage at ~4.5V, while Amir's review had it at ~4.3V. How much difference does this make in the measurements?
  15. C

Review and Measurements of GUSTARD-DACA22 - 4499 First Show at ASR

Why was this measured at 3.8 volts and other AK4499 dacs at 4 volts or more?
  16. C

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

Anyone know if any of the desktop 4499 DACs uses both halves of the chip? How would it be on the Topping or Gustard dacs?
  17. C

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

How did/would the SMSL M500 perform at full XLR output? If I remember correctly it could also output nearly 7V but was tested at 4.3V.
  18. C

Massdrop 789 vs. Monoprice 887 vs. SMSL SP200: THX amp measurement comparison

@amirm The Drop THX 789 was tested at 5,8V level and Monolith THX 887 was tested at 4V. Does this make a difference in the results?
  19. C

Singxer UIP-1 USB Isolator Review

There's a limited number of dongles that have excellent measured noise/distortion performance and these dongles may not have all the features that users might want. For example MQA support is currently available in the Audirect Atom, Audirect Beam 2 and Zorloo Ztella dongles. It is possible...
Top Bottom