Search results

1. D

Bluesound Powernode Edge Streaming Amp Review

Worth noting that this unit died almost immediately after arriving from Amir's tests (not his fault). I plugged it in, lights came on for sometime, walked away to grab speaker cables, and no lights. Seems the power supply has failed. The Audio Factory (One of Lenbrook America's outlets) has a...
  2. D

Bluesound Powernode Edge Streaming Amp Review

Nice to see this perform a little better than the Powernode, doubt my ears will tell any difference. When it arrives, I will use this review model with a pair of KEF eggs. Jumped deep into Bluesound territory this year and I'm glad I did, current inventory is: Node 2 (garage) Pulse Mini 2i...
  3. D

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

Bought this review model to see how those new class D amps perform. Less than stellar SINAD, but this is replacing an Allo Volt+ D driving Kef Q10 Compacts, so should get me a couple dB in headroom. This was factory refurbished, bought from one of NADs outlet stores. I really like BluOS, its...
  4. D

Roon - Non existing support

Roon definitely has a few quirks and bugs that show a lack of thorough integration testing. For example, if you log-in to a Tidal account while it is still free, and upgrade after, Roon gets stuck thinking you cannot use a free account. Took deleting a cache file to get the account to register...
  5. D

KEF R8 Meta Dolby Atmos Speaker Review

Up-firing produces a much better diffuse effect from the height channels since the sound is literally diffusing off of the ceiling. In ceiling really isn't worth it unless you can get 12+ feet above the listening position; up-firing makes the ceiling feel much higher than it is, as long as sound...
  6. D

Frankly, it's hell to choose an AVR

My T758 has been great these past few years, probably one my most valuable purchases since it gets used daily and I don't find myself tweaking things like I did with my old x2200W. NAD equipment is just going to have bugs and quirks, they are an old school company and don't have the R&D...
  7. D

SMSL introduces the $80 MQA capable SU-1 32/768 DAC

Good enough to replace my Atom DAC, which is going into the garage now. Can't wait to see how it measures.
  8. D

Tidal CEO: We're introducing Hi-Res FLAC for HiFi Plus Subscribers

Projection city, population: you. I never painted you with the generalization, you desperately want to be painted by it though. Super weird. No flex, when you make an observation and the hive-mind reacts, it is a beautiful thing. I mentioned something about the "MQA war" I find funny, as it...
  9. D

I think you (and others) are taking a generalization about a niche topic in a niche hobby way too personally. The pattern exists across many hobbies, it's not some crazy revelation. On the topic of MQA and your $770 DAC purchase, it sounds like you've already let politics bias your perception...
  10. D

I never said "people cannot afford access to MQA." I said that most folks with an opinion against MQA tend to not even own the hardware, and it is more connected to their economic situation than they are willing to admit. There is quite a bit more nuance to what I am saying than what you have...
  11. D

Millions? LITERALLY millions? Poor mindset is real. If you have time to take sides, you're probably wasting it.
  12. D

My favorite thing about MQA is noticing that the complainers don't know what it actually sounds like, because they can't afford the hardware. The A/B test hasn't even been done! The simplest evidence of innovation is how MQA manages data above the audible band. Are we really acting like FLAC...
  13. D

SVS SoundPath Review (Wireless Transmitter)

The transmitter in the review, SVS's. I plan to replace it with the tri-band version. Mostly a superficial issue, hiss isn't audible from the MLP.
  14. D

SVS SoundPath Review (Wireless Transmitter)

I love owning equipment and finding Amir has reviewed it. Definitely can hear the distortion (hiss) coming off this transmitter, into an Allo Volt+ D, driving KEF Q Compacts.
  15. D

Review and Measurements of Topping MX3 DAC & Amp

No hiss in my unit after nearly 11 months powering some 4 ohm Jamo bookshelfs. This setup is moving to the garage soon and the value is really apparent if you don't get a dud. I guess the lesson is to test the hell out of the lower end products so they fail within the warranty period.
  16. D

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

My T758 just stopped outputting sound. After some troubleshooting discovered the "DSP unknown" bug for the first time and I'm starting to understand the annoyances. At least up till this point I had minimal issues. Currently updating to see if that helps.
  17. D

Yes, that sounds exactly how I get the bug to come up. As soon as you send LFE to the receiver over HDMI from a laptop, it happens. I haven't noticed Dirac disabling, but believe you. I usually just power cycle the receiver and then it goes away, and it happens probably once every few months...
  18. D

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

I've had my T758 for nearly a year now, and I have to say it's one of the best purchases I made in that year. It's okay if everyone here hates them, sales will just come quicker. Thanks!
  19. D

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

Jeeze, am I the only one who is excited for this to drop to $1500-2000 and go through a few software updates to work out kinks? Of course nobody is buying this at $3000 for performance, but until D&M can work out a licencing deal with Dirac, I'm going to have a hard time going back.
  20. D

Anyone notice any improvements on the BluOS update released 4 days ago? I'm hoping that weird loudness bug I keep experiencing finally goes away but didn't see anything specific in the version notes.
Top Bottom