Search results

1. V

USB Audio Issues with DAC8 Pro

I'm using the USB input to the DAC8 Pro with the normal windows drivers (not ASIO). I can get sound on windows applications but in REW I can't get sound - it says: No input mixers available supporting PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian I'm also not getting any...
  2. V

Are speaker demos really necessary?

If I find a speaker that I like, I'll typically: Look at pictures of it Search for measurements of it Search for a general consensus of it Consider demoing it. But what benefit would demoing actually provide? If I'm looking to assess the quality through hearing then I'd have to know what to...
  3. V

Studio/Monitor Sub vs HT Sub?

What are the differences between these two kind of subs? I've been looking at some of the studio subwoofers and their price seems incredibly disproportionate to the apparent sound they can produce (compared to HT). Take the Genelec 7350 APM for example: Just under £1000 and you only get a 150W...
  4. V

Active Studio Monitor Power Amp. Measurements?

I'm wondering if anyone here has measured the amplifiers that are found within active studio monitors? Would be interesting to compare their quality to that of standalone power amps.
Top Bottom