Search results

1. P

Question about mesurements...

Hi, Searching for a device to replace my current DAC + Headephone amp combo, I came across this device made by a brand I like and offering good looks, features I am looking for and so I thought I might go for it, given it's decent price (OK, I know, there are probably better and less expensive...
  2. P

Would this be sufficient ?

Hi, I am looking for an all-in-one machine : streamer + DAC + headphone amp + power amp for "small" external speakers. I have sportted an ad for a Linn DSM/1 which is offered for a good price. But I am unsure whether it can drive some "demanding" headphones comfortably (I have, among other...
  3. P

Question about "balanced" outputs

Hi, Sorry if this has been asked multiple times before, but I am wondering... I just got a "balanced cable" so I can connect my headphones to the Balanced output of my HP amplifier. According to specs, the output power is about thrice what it is with 6.35mm jack (240mW@300Ohm versus...
  4. P

Wi-Fi againt Ethernet ?

Hi, Having a streamer (the Shanling EA5) that can retrieve files from Wi-Fi or Ethernet, I was wondering if there is any audible difference between the files retrieved over Wi-Fi compared to the files retrieved directly from the NAS using an Etherne tconnection. I must say that I trust...
  5. P

UPnP/DLNA server (Linux) and Player (Android) with full tag support ?

Hi guys, Hope this is the right place to post this. I would like to be able to retrieve the whole music library stored on my computer on my Shanling DAP (a M3x player). The computer runs Linux (Arch based). It's a quite powerful machine connected to network with Ethernet and with shared...
  6. P

Question about ESS DAC "resample"...

Hi, In his recent review of the Topping D70s DAC, amirm wrote : "Since AKM DAC chips don't have a resampler like ESS DACs do, performance suffers a bit with synchronous digital inputs like Coax and Toslink" Just would like to have a simple explanation about the "resampling" thing in ESS...
  7. P

Question about Headphone amplifiers

Hi, In the quest for a headphone amplifier, I would have some questions. I've read the graphs and reviews posted by Amir. And I thought I understood those until I got to the question of the "output impedance". It seems that the "output impedance" of a headphone amplifier is an important...
  8. P

Bluetooth USB Dongle capable of LDAC ?

Hi guys, Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire a USB Dongle to connect to computer and that will allow to stream files from computer to Bluetooth receiver using LDAC format ? I know some big devices are capable of that, but I was wonering if a small dongle would do that also. Regards.
  9. P

What about "Bluetooth emitters" ?

Hi, Not sure this is right place to post this... If so, please feel free to move this post. Here is what it is about. I am connecting my headphones to my computer via Bluetooth. To do that I use an ASUS BT-400 USB Dongle (this is a desktop and the motherboard is a workstation motherboard so...
  10. P

Stand-alone, portable DAC with battery

Hi guys, A few months ago, I bought a bunch of Xiaomi Bluetooth Adapters for Audio. The thing is pretty simple : a small and light white box with a USB port (just for charging purpose) and a mini jack. You just power it up, pair it with your BT player (computer, phone...) and you can use...
  11. P

Anyone heard about the HifiMan Deva ?

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has heard about this new model from HifiMan ? http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/deva.html They sure look good. Price is decent. They can be used wired and wireless. Now if they'd also sound somewhat good, those might be something I could get ! Anyone...
  12. P

Is it a good sign when...

... I want to increase the volume ? Of course that is not because I want to hear something :-) It is because I would like to enjoy the music even more... and it seems to me that the volume can be increased with no earing damage caused by some bad "sound reproduction"... If the question is...
  13. P

What if I connect a headphone to the RCA output of a (pre)amp ?

Hi guys, Having a DAC/HP Amp device, I was wondering if something would happen if I would connect the Headphone to the RCA (or Balanced) output of the DAC ? I assume this is then a pre-amp... Will that produce any sound if hooked up to headphones directly ? Can it do any harm ? Regards. FRED
  14. P

ASUS Xonar Essence One - Super "loud"

Hi guys, Recently, I had the chance to get my hands on an ASUS Xonar Essence One DAC/HP amp. I hooked it up to my computer using the TosLink cable (and USB cable also). The computer is Linux powered (Manajro - Arch based distro - ALSA direct output). To listen to my music I plug in my B&O...
  15. P

Headphones listening : does the "jack" cable matter ?

Hi, As I am more and more listening to music with a headphone, I wanted to have your opinions on the importance of the jack cable that goes from the headphone amp to the headphone itself. Of course, my headphones all come with detachable chord and that one can be replaced easily. Looking...
  16. P

ANY thoughts on the AUNE S16 DAC/Headphone amp ?

Hi guys, A quick look at the reviews and measurements here tells me that Amirm has testes the AUNE X1S and that it got pretty good ratings. So I was wondering if the AUNE S16 was alos tested (I don't think I've seen it) and if it has not, if anyone has some feedback to provide on this device ...
  17. P

NEWBIE Question : Why do I have a "bbzzz" in my loudspeakers with some interconnects on not with others ?

Hi, Hope this is the right place to post my question. I havea home-cinema 5.1 set-up. The rear speakers are active tri-amplified Linn Kaber loudspeaker. To power then I have a long run (about 10m) of interconnects that go from pre-amp to the so-called "Tunebox". The tunebox is a an active...
  18. P

NEWBIE : Any difference between Linux Music Players ?

HI, Currently using Linux to listen to music (Manjaro distro). I have set it up so that sound does not use PulseAudio, but uses JACK that interfaces directly on ALSA (at least from what I have understood). But that is not the question here... I do no changes to the system audio configuration...
  19. P

NEWBIE - Am I deaf ?

Hi guys, For those following my posts, you probably know that I recently switched to headphone listening for several reasons... So I decided to rip my all CD collection and to put it all together in a library with music I bought from reputed high quality sites. I am now listening to music...
  20. P

NEWBIE - Presentation of my set-up

Hi guys, As a newcomer to the digital audio I got on this site and, after asking some questions, would like to introduce myself and the set-up I've decided to go for. First, some rapid things about myself. I am 50 years old (almost), live in France and work as a law professor at University. In...
Top Bottom