Search results

1. HorizonsEdge

Bluetooth DAC

Going to drop some speakers into a small workout room. Just using stuff I have lying around Polk S15's and Aiyima A07. The goal is to let people drive the system with their phone. Clearly not audiophile quality. I have done research but am hoping that you can help me get differentiation or an...
  2. HorizonsEdge

What do you think about Revel Concerta2 M16?

Crutchfield has them for $356/each and I was considering them as L/R/C in a new HT build (50% music). I am unsure about center use and could use some advice. Thanks
  3. HorizonsEdge

Moving from apartment to house

I currently run a Denon x1500h with HTD Level 2 L/R/C and Polk S15 surrounds. Not a subwoofer in sight because apartment but I do have bass shaker modified couch! I will use this system initially and then redeploy it to another room when this project gets done. I am starting my planning for a...
  4. HorizonsEdge

Help me choose a car

The one and only time I have ever purchased a vehicle was 1986, Toyota Celica GTX. In 1989, I moved into Manhattan, NYC and in 1990 I sold it. Haven't needed a car since and I still live in Manhattan. Change happens, I just had a bid on a house accepted contingent on inspection OMFG. I am moving...
  5. HorizonsEdge

Tips on selling a vinyl collection

My 90 year old aunt has a multi-generational multi-genre collection of records from the 40's through the 80's and is looking to clean up her living space. Just looking for people to point me in a reputable direction. Someone should be able to enjoy all that history. Thanks in advance
  6. HorizonsEdge

Looking for advice

First let me give you the hardware: Nearfield (max 75-80db) PC where I run spotify premium and amazon hd, currently trying to decide on what service i will stay with Topping D30 dac Sabaj A20a (previously used Aiyima A07 and Yamaha rs-202) (also tried a NAD 3020v2 but it over heated) KEF Q150's...
  7. HorizonsEdge

Budget Balanced DAC

with spdif Figure to research this now in advance of DA-9 delivery just in case. I currently have a Topping D30 and plan on using it with unbalanced or unbalanced with balanced connectors. Thanks
  8. HorizonsEdge

Headphone Expansion

My desk setup consist of PC->Topping D30->Aiyima A07 I recently got some budget HP's mostly for use while walking and of course it triggered me /sigh If I wanted to add a HPamp like the Magni Heresy I would put it between the DAC and the amp without issue? Are there more optimal solutions...
  9. HorizonsEdge

I need something decent

I am primarily an amp + passive speaker person but I occasionally have the need for some cans. I currently own: SUPERLUX HD668B TASCAN TH-02 Basically these are bare bones budget. The superlux are uncomfortable for long periods of wear. The tascan are very comfortable but seem quite bright...
  10. HorizonsEdge

I need an expert opinion

I recently got a NAD 3020v2 to drive my KEF Q150's. The NAD has been running hot. Hotter than spec. I contacted NAD support for the spec and bought an infrared thermometer to monitor. Anyway, this is what they have come up with: Does this make sense? or is it just something to blame their...
  11. HorizonsEdge

Teac AI-301DA-X

Anyone know anything about this unit? Just back in stock 25% off Specifications
  12. HorizonsEdge

Small footprint AMP

I recently had my Sony190 fail so I replaced it with a Yamaha r202 refurb. I am perfectly happy with the performance PC->D30(dac)->r202->Q150. Its my bedroom desktop setup. BUT the r202 is HUGE. 30% bigger than the 190 and it is starting to annoy me. So I have begun looking for a small...
  13. HorizonsEdge

My receiver has started a very low humming

I have a Sony STR DH190 connected to a Topping D30 which is connected to my motherboard via spdif. I have had it for almost exactly 1 year. It has run silent and cool and provided very satisfying performance. Now it is making a low decibel humming/growling. I assume this is an indication of a...
  14. HorizonsEdge

SUB Quandry

I live in an apartment. In my first go round of building out a home theater system (x1500, HTD lvl2 l/r/c, sscs5 surrounds) I went with a Dayton SUB-1500. That didn't last very long because it went right through the wall to my neighbors apartment. Repositioning the sub away from that side of the...
Top Bottom