Search results

1. HorizonsEdge

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I made it to page 5 so if I an posting something already said, apologies. After talking to my sister the lawyer I have her feedback: 1. This was inevitable 2. It is common practice (e.g. restaurant's sue over bad reviews on seamless) 3. Find an industry advocacy group ( do they even exist) and...
  2. HorizonsEdge

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Another failed attempt at selling the Brooklyn Bridge )
  3. HorizonsEdge

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

You do realize that all you "science" guys are losing the battle. This is the age of alternate facts where truth and reality are divorced. In my most cynical moments I rejoice in the fact that I am far closer to my end than my beginning. Worst part is that is all self-inflicted. Drink up, I...
  4. HorizonsEdge

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

Nominated for worst product name ever!
  5. HorizonsEdge

What will ‘HiFi’ look like in 2050

My knee-jerk reaction is that all books and music will be banned by then. We already have one foot on that dark road.
  6. HorizonsEdge

I made a pair of things I call "The Hurricane".

Your speakers have their own theme song!
  7. HorizonsEdge

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

OMG ST: The Musical. I spent 20% of the time cringing and 20% laughing. If this was a Disney property it would be on Broadway already. Kinda hated it. I really liked the previous cross-over episode even though I have never seen the animated series.
  8. HorizonsEdge

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

/shrug If you want something other than a neutral DAC then this unit might not be for you. Plenty of alternatives. Furthermore, it is a bit of a stretch to expect specific hardware settings/implementations to be available across brands. You also need to ask yourself why would they exist in the...
  9. HorizonsEdge

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Can you be more detailed? I do not understand how the second sentence is related to the first.
  10. HorizonsEdge

What are we listening to right now..

I rediscovered one of my fav bands . . . the allman brothers. go listen to whipping post. if you REALLY like it there is a 21m version on the live from the fillmore east album (legendary location in NYC). enjoy
  11. HorizonsEdge

KEF Direct Blemished Speaker Cabinets

I expect customer service to always be appalling. Recently, I had an experience worth relating. Now it is not anywhere on the same value level but . . . First time home owner, spent my whole life in an apartment. Still learning all the things I need to do to maintain it. Once such thing was an...
  12. HorizonsEdge

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

Got a pair of 305's last year from Musicians Friend when it was "stupid deal of the day" $199. Hard to beat them at that price. Tried getting the matching sub from JBL when it was on-sale but the order got cancelled due to fulfillment issues. Instead I got a pair of Monoprice T6 towers during...
  13. HorizonsEdge

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I scored a pair of the T6 towers for $398 ( tax included + free shipping). Impulse buy.
  14. HorizonsEdge

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Is this the same as https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/lavaudio-ds600-review-stereo-dac.19146/ ?
  15. HorizonsEdge

What speakers with great vocals? (like ls3/5a)

for PC there is "Peace" https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/
  16. HorizonsEdge

TEAC announces new USB DAC Amplifier AI-303

Lots of functionality that most devices do not have, especially eArc. Cant wait to see the price and measurements.
  17. HorizonsEdge

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Got the OTG adapter today. USB performance crushes BT. Thanks for your help.
  18. HorizonsEdge

Curious why not more reviews of Top Tier Gear (perceived anyway)

I always wonder what meds they were taking when they named that )
  19. HorizonsEdge

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Phone connects via BT. Phone does not work when I use USB cable between phone and DAC.
Top Bottom