Search results

1. steve59

Dedicated power to components

My stereo is in a finished room in my basement on a 15 amp breaker that shares power with a couple computers, fluorescent lights and a couple printers. The house has a 100 amp service with all circuits full, so I think my option would be a 40 amp sub panel with direct wiring to my components...
  2. steve59

silver voice coil

I own a pair of speakers that add silver voice coil in the tweeter description and looking up speaker components this seems rather unusual and uncommon. anybody?
  3. steve59

How do you connect your dac?

My hegel h360 says when upgrading the built in dac to use the coax output to the new dac the use balanced outputs back into the hegel. Instead of that I just unplugged the usb (digital input)from the hegel, plugged it into the new dac and ran coax cables back to the ht bypass to control volume...
  4. steve59

Single speaker listening comparison question.

How valid can revel's single speaker test be for serious 2 channel listening? When I bought my salon 2's they were in a well treated dealers home living room. I was floored by the presentation and we struck a deal right there, A month or so later he invited me over to hear his new f228be's. I'd...
  5. steve59

Loudspeaker resolution measurement.

I did a search with the thread title and didn't find an answer. I'm asking if there's a measurement that can identify a speakers, resolution ability on a scale? Around 15 years ago I owned couple pair of speakers from the same manufacturer, we'll say a pair of kef ref and a pair of Q with very...
  6. steve59

ASR members hobbys?

I get the impression many members of ASR are professionals in the biz and don't really listen to music so much as look over charts of speakers. So what do you guys do to relax?
  7. steve59

Hoisted on your own petard

As we see it 8/20 stereophile. I cause trouble on the "how to choose a speaker, what the science shows and a couple other threads because the classical approach didn't flip my switch and I really don't appreciate someone else telling me i'm wrong, regardless of facts, which by today's standard...
Top Bottom