Search results

1. J

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

You do realize that there are people on this earth not living in large American houses right? :) Some of us want the best possible audio without bothering the neighbours in a small apartment late at night.
  2. J

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

@boniek did you ever make your decision? :) i'm currently having the exact same question.
  3. J

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Great tip, thank you very much! Just ordered a cable, so we'll see how long it takes :) Understandable if it takes a while.
  4. J

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Has anyone found a nice coaxial cable available for use with the mk2? I cant seem to find one in Europe that does 3,5mm -> coaxial. Or does a regular 3,5mm to rca work as well despite it not being 75 ohm? Thinking I should've gone with the mk1 instead...
  5. J

Speaker purchase advice for small room (~2500€)

Also, with people recommending the KEF R3's, I've done a bit of research. Like the Buchardt's, they want at least 50cm away from side walls, which pushes the speakers VERY far in to the center of my room. Will this be a factor to them sounding as bad as the S400's? I figured there was a reason...
  6. J

Great. I'll try to experiment some more. Ok, I'll play around the scales to find something that works. Will also watch some videos about moving mic. Awesome. Thanks for the resource. Will read it thoroughly :) Unfortunately I do not own them anymore, so it'll be hard to try out. In regards...
  7. J

Ok, I see :) What smoothing do you recommend for seeing the actual measurements, but still getting rid of the jaggedness of the curves? And with moving mic what do you mean? My measurements were done at listening position with the microphone pointing between the speakers (with one speaker being...
  8. J

Also, I'll add I'm a bit novice when it comes to interpreting my REW-measurements. I'm trying to find possibilities to fix my issues with the dips which were shown in my screenshots from REW. Does it all come down to speaker placement in regards to my nulls? Are my dips normal, or are they...
  9. J

Great advice. I'll have a look. Getting to the point now where I should just order some speakers home and try to find my preferences. Still got the room issues to figure out what to do with though. Thanks for the advice. I have bad stuff associated with the KRK-brand though so I'll skip those...
  10. J

I understand fully. Sorry if it sounded a bit snarky. English is not my first language. Thank you so much. Trying to learn as much as I can about all this. Interesting. Any reason why specifically the 8030C would work great in my room? :) Is it any better than the Neumann offerings I so often...
  11. J

Sure! Regarding the seating positions, I've tried some of them. But the painful thing is (with the calculator you linked), that most of the formulas want to place the speakers ~90cm between each other. It's really hard to make a triangle then if you need somewhere to sit :) I've also got a...
  12. J

I guess I'm a bit damaged by visiting american HiFi-forums a lot and seeing everyone having rooms as big as my whole house haha. I'll check those speakers out. Maybe it is a bit much. Figured I should try it out at least. I've measured a bit now using REW with my UMIK, and got the following...
  13. J

Great, I'll add those to the list. Seems like they are not available for demo though, but I can at least buy them without hassle. I understand. The speakers are placed along the short wall. With the S400's I tried multiple positions regarding toe-in. From pointing them straight on in the room...
  14. J

I'm afraid not. I've tried to find them myself to no avail.
  15. J

Great, I'll make sure to listen to those. Yes, I've listened to my Buchardt S200's in the new room, and while not perfect, they sounded absolutely incredible in comparison to the S400's. A great wide soundstage, smooth mids & overall pleasant sound. As said though, they lacked a bit in the...
  16. J

Yeah, maybe that was a wrong guess by me with the waveguide. I can understand that you're skeptical. The sound was very very thin, with an almost non-existant soundstage, sucked out mids & awful bass. The bass problems were probably the room modes fault though. Just an all in all bad package...
  17. J

Currently looking at speakers for my new (tiny) room, and was looking for a few suggestions as small rooms are a bit problematic. My budget is around 2500€, but can spend more if it makes a big difference. I'd prefer for the speakers to be passive, as I'd hate to buy expensive speakers that will...
Top Bottom