1. M

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Yes, the L. Ron Hubbard approach.
  2. M

There's only so much to discuss. ;)
  3. M

I think this is the crux of the issue. I don't think it's that contentious to say that different tubes (and amps) might sound different when driven far past clipping.
  4. M

Show me the measurements the do capture the physics in play and we’re good. This isn’t saying, “I can’t hear that”. Your tested data, although accurate to the tests resolution, is incomplete “proving” there is no difference when we know for a fact there is. A simple device is limited by what we...
  5. M

Do you have Tinnitis? (Ringing sound in your ears)

Thanks to all for sharing their info and experiences. Mine became bad enough to bother me after a really loud concert where I forgot my earplugs. I'm mostly able to forget about it, and I suspect that mine is very mild compared to many, but I think I have the personality to "notice" it often...
  6. M

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

He's just religious. I'm tickled that BJC is considered bling 'round these parts. :) I'm running a mix of LC-1 and DIY Belken 1505F + Neutrik.
  7. M

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

Barf. Not in this thread. And definitely don't open it up if you want aesthetic pleasure.
  8. M

Topping D10 with RaspberryPi4 - display issue 48 Khz

I'd recommend piCorePlayer, as well. It runs in memory and has an option to install an Airplay plugin.
  9. M

no xo control on preamp, but is on sub??

You're correct. You can likely run the output from the subwoofer to your power amp, though.
  10. M

Low budget stereo preamp/integrated recommendations?

Can't you just use some RCA => XLR cables? Not sure I'd call it a "converter."
  11. M

@Heeves why not simply feed the Pre Box S2 Digital directly into the amp? Do you also need a phono input like the OP?
  12. M

^ same. My refurb Denon receiver is still kicking a decade later, and my refurb Kef LSX's are possibly my favorite audio purchase.
  13. M

It's too bad that the MiniDSP Flex is currently out of stock due to the shortages. It seems hard to beat for the functionality and price.
  14. M

MQA Sounds Really Good!

Then read the thread instead of grunching.
  15. M

MQA Sounds Really Good!

Meh. The way for artists to make money is (and always has been) touring and live shows.
  16. M

MQA Sounds Really Good!

What in the world happened here? The Green Manalishi is a great song, though.
  17. M

Choice for streaming

May I kindly suggest that this is not the right conclusion. The biggest investment should be your speakers. There are plenty of budget DAC's that measure quite well. If you already have high-end speakers and SOTA everything else, then by all means, knock yourself out with an expensive DAC...
  18. M

Choice for streaming

Yes, stop doing that, and take a scientific approach. Pretty sure that thing did not measure very well here. It's far more likely that those speakers are in fact, bright, than that your Raspberry Pi's power supply is "bright." That doesn't make sense.
  19. M

Choice for streaming

Another happy Roon customer here. I've been using both Tidal and Qobuz, but I'm inclined to move to Qobuz after the price drop, and reading more about how MQA is BS. I'm using an Intel NUC8i5 running ROCK as the server (you could run a NAS in addition, or simply connect a hard drive containing...
Top Bottom