Search results

1. K

Good power strip in Europe, no filters?

Hi, apparently this isn't an easy one. I'm looking for a 4 to 6 plug power strip with an aluminium case and proper star wiring, not those brass rails a lot of them have. No filters or other bells and whistles. Closest thing I came across is the made to order Audiophonics ones that are over €400...
  2. K

Iota VX SA3 as a preamp... thoughts?

I'm looking into upgrading my amp (Iota stack) but I'm coming across a difficulty. The integrateds I'm looking at don't have the preamp section the Iota has. I thought I would hate it but having a remote that moves volume in 1db increments and shows me the numbers has hugely improved the way I...
  3. K

How do you find new music? - asking for a dinosaur friend...

Do you have a specific app/service/whatever that gets you great recommendations for music you didn't know about before? I just play music files stored on an HD through MusicBee, usually on shuffle, and haven't even considered streaming services. What I've noticed is that I get to new music less...
  4. K

Too much midrange? How to fix?

Hi, so my saga with my Edifiers s1000db continues. With your guys help I've been trying several things and currently I got them to play the best they ever did. So far the best improvements have been a Zen Dac v1 and proper stands. They are awfully dependent on position and if I don't have them...
  5. K

Bluetooth over-ear headphones that meet these requirements?

I haven't seen much about BT heaphones over here but I bet a few of you are aware of what's around in the market. So I'm thinking of replacing my Sennheiser RS 175 mainly because I can't just switch them easily between ipad and PC and connection range is giving me issues. I confess I'm lost...
  6. K

Hybrid tube pre-amp with active speakers... and bypassable?

Very noob question and probably shows I have no clue about this subject.... But can you put a tube preamp between a dac and active speakers, get the tube effect and just bypass it by a switch or power off when you don't want that effect? This is something I never saw discussed in any review...
  7. K

Speakers lying on their sides? Any reason to really avoid?

I have a pair of Edifiers S1000 MkI and it has been a pain to find them a place on my small-living room/home office. They weigh 10Kg a piece and the front is tilted back. These might not be terrific speakers but they sound OK to me... if placed right. They are very unforgiving when it comes to...
  8. K

Noob question... DAC with analogic volume control?

I have a Topping D10 connected to a pair of Edifiers S1000 and I'm more or less "meh" ok with the sound. What I don't like is the control of voulme as the digital volume steps on the speakers are a bit far apart. I end up having to set the speakers on a rough voulme and fine tune it on the PC...
  9. K

PC, DACs, active speakers, bluetooth? What sequence and possibilities?

So I started a couple of months ago looking into why my music streamed from the PC via BT to a pair of Edifiers SB1000 sounded so... Meh. Ended up looking stuff up on the interwebs, YouTube videos etc but the more I look into it, the more confused I get. I'll basically have to redo my living...
  10. K

Need something between PC and speakers/headphones... no clue what that might be.

Hi guys, have been lurking this and other forums but I gave up trying to figure this one out for myself. So here's the situation... I was used to some audio quality from previous PCs and speakers and I'm just not getting that now playing music (especially classical). Here's what I have: - Some...
Top Bottom