Search results

1. D

Outdoor Speakers

I went with Home Theater Direct outdoors. No measurements but they sound good by my pool for the price point
  2. D

Best bang for the buck subwoofer according to ASR

I am using one of these by my pool to get line level from outdoor speaker wires: https://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/sp-2sx/ Then I am running line level into a crown xls 2502 with LPF and driving a 18" PA subwoofer ...
  3. D

Do the cables matter?

Can you generate it remotely if I just send you $$$ via PayPal? I’d really like seat 7K in Carnegie hall at the MLP ...
  4. D

Do the cables matter?

OMG how much do those cost? That is insane! They generate EMF that makes the music sound different??!!
  5. D

Blue Jeans Cables Jumps the Shark

Those are absolutely unreal. A fool and his money ...
  6. D

Do the cables matter?

Hmm ... I should have a run at asking my 12 y.o. daughter braid some cables - she does a killer job with friendship bracelets!
  7. D

Do the cables matter?

I didnt realize how insane this was until I searched on Audiogon. OMG, $2175 for a pair of RCA cables. How do I get into this business...
  8. D

Outlaw Model 5000 Multichannel Amplifier Review

My setup has a video processor that sends the video from the selected component directly to the display and the audio only to the AVR. I dont see much benefit in routing video through and AVR.
  9. D

Niles SI-275 power amplifier

I have two of these driving two sets of outdoor speakers by the pool and at the patio. Long cable runs. They sound good to me but with outdoor speakers my expectations are low! I also have an SI-245 driving a pair of in wall speakers in an indoor fitness room. All bought on ebay and functioning...
  10. D

I don’t know about the woofer but I think those cabinets at 2/3 cu ft are too small to generate much bass. If you want to feel the bass in an HT look at a woofer at 15” up and sealed cabinets at 3 cu ft and up.
  11. D

This is good advice if you don't want to build. Just over $2400 for the 4 sealed SVS subs + MiniDSP 2x4 HD + UMIK + REW. You will get a lot of bass with that setup and is a good starting point. I will say that I went from 3 x 10" retail lower cost ported subs to the 3 x 15" sealed subs from...
  12. D

Here is the frequency response of the 3 subs at the MLP. 14 x 12 room. Tuned with UMIK and REW. $2k cost all in. Compare to the SVS Ultra at 2k each.
  13. D

https://www.subwoofer-builder.com/active-filter.htm Wanted to share this info. You can set the HPF for ported subs in the external Amp. Or go sealed and don't worry about it.
  14. D

I built my 3 x 15" sealed subs from parts express kits and am running them on 3 channels of two crown xls 2502. Fourth channel runs two buttkickers in series. I am using a miniDSP HD 2x4 as my AVR only has 2 sub outputs. But if it had 3 sub outputs i would let the AVR do DSP. You will get way...
  15. D

My 3 subs are sealed but I believe that you are right. With ported subs you want to set a hpf so that you dont go too low and fry the driver. Crown and inuke will let you set the filter and you can use AVR room correction to DSP the subs and integrate with the mains.
  16. D

an external amp such as a crown xls or inuke will have the ability to set a hpf without needing an external processor
  17. D

Yes you can definitely let the avr manage the sub if you have the right room correction.
  18. D

I built 3 of the um15-22 kits from parts express and am extremely pleased with them.
  19. D

Cleaning up my system from Audiophile Snake Oil (Facepalm time)

IMHO subwoofers are massively overpriced. I built 3 using Parts Express kits with UM15-22 and flatpacks last year and was blown away at what I was able to build compared to subs like SVS. They must make OK margins but also spend a TON on marketing & advertising!
  20. D

Soft hiss audible at 2-4ft from speaker

I have L/C/R on external monoblocks and have slightest hiss on tweeters at 3" - 4" from the tweeter. Woofers are completely silent. Same goes for my surrounds which are run off the Denon AVR. I hooked up 3 DIY 15" subs to 3 channels of Crown XLS 2502 and initially there was hiss - perhaps...
Top Bottom