Search results

1. TimF

A Call For Humor!

Let me see if I can get this image to show up here. Oh good, it shows up. I'm posting it to be mean which to me, sometimes, is humorous. I know this watch face will drive some of you on this website to conniption. It upset me greatly but I learned to control myself. It is evil, isn't it!
  2. TimF

Your latest cool purchase

Oh god, save me from myself. I saw an ad on local craigslist for an Esoteric Ko7Xs SACD/CD player and I want it. It won't play or sound any better than the DAC's, computer driven or CD transport driven equipment I have but I want it. Is there a priest I can go to that can drive out my old...
  3. TimF

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I will help. Please keep us informed about where, when and how to send some money.
  4. TimF

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Audio is a hobby but listening to music is more than a hobby. Music is like air or sunshine to me. Over five decades I've spent thousands on equipment, perhaps as much as the cost of a new Honda Accord in total. That was only one-half the expense. How much have I spent on LP's and Cd's I...
  5. TimF

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

so many bands and you're young only so many years.
  6. TimF

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

Ah, and yet how many of us would be enticed to buy just the lower units at the right price? I mean, I'd be interested in buying just these two units at the 'right' price.
  7. TimF

extremism in opinions

Rhetorical question not aimed at anyone in particular: are you one of those who feels diminished or slighted by a cheesy remote control, or who has to have the best appliances?
  8. TimF

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

prior to the modern age a middle-class person might in their lifetime have a chance to hear a few Beethoven symphonies at the local town hall played by a local orchestra, and to hear piano transcriptions of the most famous classical music pieces. At best you might hear Beethoven Symph. such and...
  9. TimF

Borderlands the movie (2024)

qualifies at best as something to be employed in the Lucovico Technique.
  10. TimF

My Absolute Sound and no one can debate me!

In the movie Time Regained there is a scene of a French salon--social gathering--where a piano/violin piece is played, perhaps a Cesar Frank or Faure composition. When Mr. TLEDDY has the performers over to his house I hope it has all the splendor as that depicted in the movie.
  11. TimF

Extreme Snake Oil

I've got an electric BBQ on the porch as gas ones aren't allowed on porches. It does an okay job on meats but with an upgrade of the power cord can I expect better BBQ'd meats. You guys know which brands deliver the meat.
  12. TimF

what are your industrial design favorites?

Was Braun the first Apple? Now that I think of it, you could fill a studio with splendidly designed products from Braun....that all worked well. And also, so many well designed, well laid out Japanese products that worked well and were highly practical. Maybe we took the Japanese products for...
  13. TimF

Zydeco

For more than twenty years there has been a good-sized crowd of followers of Cajun and Zydeco music here in Minneapolis and St. Paul, and there were weekly dances in bars that could handle a good-sized folk dance crowd, and twice-monthly dances in dance halls. We brought the best performers...
  14. TimF

Help identifying Speaker Terminals

there was a terminal similar to this on an Ayre amp I had.
  15. TimF

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

If the new Triumph 400 single can be bought for around $5,000 then I have a better opinion of it than if it cost $6,000. I hope Jmsent will tell us about the bike and his experiences with it when he gets one. He will be getting one of the first of them. As per the power output of the 400...
  16. TimF

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota
  17. TimF

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

I just saw the new Triumph 400 The new Triumph 400 motorcycle is to be manufactured in Thailand, India and Brazil. Triumph must have big expectations. It is a single cylinder 400 cc engine, and it is relatively heavy for a 400 cc bike. There isn't anything special about it except the Triumph...
  18. TimF

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

A little something about AA meetings. Members likely don't go to meetings to stop drinking since many or most of them have demonstrated some success with that. They quit to survive and it is that basic. Believe me. But that doesn't much improve their lives. They need something else...
  19. TimF

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Maybe you're like me and you've got a drawer or box of audio cables that have lost their luster after reading articles in ASR. You want some MIT cables or flat speaker cables? I figure if I strip out the copper from all those old cables maybe, just maybe, I could sell the copper for sufficient...
  20. TimF

ASR MEMBERS: What System Would YOU Choose To Blow Away Non-Audiophiles?

It isn't about equipment. It is about the capacity to reflect on phenomenal experiences. I would hope, also, that it (the content in the posts) should be in some manner about learning appreciation (learning to appreciate and to be satisfied) with respect to sounds, environments, and music...
Top Bottom