Search results

1. D

How do I tell what power an amp does in class A?

So I have taken several measurements of a car audio amplifier that’s claimed to be Class A to 30watts and then AB from there up to 165wrms per channel at 1% It’s a four channel and has an idle current of 8a… I am very sceptical of the claims, I would expect a current draw of 20+a for class A up...
  2. D

So can someone help me out…

So I need this dumming down if possible and explained in terms an idiot can understand, and if what this guy is saying is accurate Someone posted a freq response and phase graph of an amplifier 15mhz has some implication? What does this mean? Is he talking facts or making things up that...
  3. D

So a bit of home cinema fun

Well I am heavily into my car audio and sound quality, so I decided to find me some car audio subs which had low fs and would make decent front room subs Enter the ground zero gzrw38-d2… two of them I then set about designing a pair of six cubic foot enclosures tuned to 20hz Found an amp...
  4. D

Wanted - SMSL PO100 (not pro or AK) uk based ideally

As per title, long shot… anyone got one of these they want to sell in the uk?
  5. D

Measurements of dacs in car audio dsp with various inputs

So I am wanting to have a way to settle my morbid curiosity… I want to see what usb direct in to a dsp from a pc, pc to topping d10s or Smsl po100 pro and coax into the dsp from the same The dsp‘s take coax in and optical in… one is 192khz internal rate and the other is 96khz… one has a usb...
  6. D

Finally proof power cables do make a difference in abx testing

So over at AVS they have conducted a blind abx test to show the change of sound with power cables https://www.avsforum.com/threads/double-blind-abx-testing-proves-all-power-cords-have-an-effect-on-audio.3059712/
  7. D

Topping u90 vs d10s into dsp

Simple question, I currently use an Apple iPad mini 5 to a topping d10s to my dsp via coax, what does the extra 500 euros or whatever bring me in my application if anything?
  8. D

WiiM mini streamer

WiiM mini streamer bought from Holland, like new, tested in the workshop system only, using Apple TV’s now in the house direct into Denon avr’s so this isn’t required any longer, lovely idea though and well implemented See the thread on here for info about possibly the smallest decent quality...
  9. D

Pink noise is all equal… or is it?

So an interesting test was conducted by a new guy to sq, I found this very interesting and tested a few of my own So I compete in Emma sq and we get Emma discs with various tracks on for judging So I tested the 2018 discs pink noise Not very flat that maybe it was screwed on my conversion...
  10. D

Digital converters

I have put it in here as there isn’t a specific section for it... I use a topping D10 as a usb to optical and coax output converter, I am curious as to why when measuring the devices as DACs is it not easy to then plum the output into the audio analyser and measure it’s digital output also? I...
  11. D

Suggestions for budget power amplifiers for active

We all know there are little gems out there like the topping d10, has anyone come across a cheap stereo power amp, from China or wherever, I’m not fussy as long as it’s relatively clean, it just needs to be preout in, I can dial in whatever signal voltage upto 4v if required, but would like...
  12. D

So I’m completely new to streamers

I have been looking at fitting an android tablet into my car, but I am toying with a raspberry pi 4 model B 4gb and a 7” touch screen to build into the car instead... I will use a topping d10 as a usb coax bridge and a spare USB port will be plummed into the centre console for usb sticks etc I...
  13. D

Car audio build... pic heavy!

So I asked if anyone wanted to see my car audio build and got a few yes answers, so here we go.... Hopefully this is ok in here as its I will be building a relatively high end system for EMMA car audio sound quality competition. My background is I am a multi time up and European champion and...
  14. D

4-8v preout level reducer

So I have a processor for incar use that provides upto an 8v preout, should I wish to measure it I can certainly turn it down to 2v, but it would be nice to see how it copes and measure distortion at 8v, however my sound card accepts 2v, is it possible to adjust the input gain or will the 8v...
  15. D

Anyone interested in a car audio blog?

I will be doing a build thread on another site, so I can very easily post pics over here also? It will be very extreme, think dashboard removed and cut in half pretty much to accommodate speakers where they need to be, high quality amplifiers, sources (iPhone XR to topping D10 via coax to helix...
  16. D

Odd one... usb to digital converter

So in my car I use an alpine stereo which the iPhone uses a normal lightening lead as supplied with the phone, so a normal usb to lightening lead, the phone sees it as a dock now with the topping d10 I need to use a usb 3 camera kit to present a usb which then connects to the usb supplied with...
  17. D

Short term lingerer

Hey, thanks for putting the effort into a very detailed review site, I’m loving it so far! Especially the disappointing review of the performance of the Sony gs-9, that really is a bit cringeworthy considering it’s cost vs a topping d10 for example! so onto me, I am a car audio fanatic, my...
Top Bottom