Search results

1. T

Drummers you can't mistake

Jaki Liebezeit
  2. T

Your favourite music genres?

It's not so bad, that hardcore music...
  3. T

Is 14 AWG good enough for speaker cable?

I see now, you do use metric system in France. If you didn't, it would be "quatre-vingt-trente-trois" :-)
  4. T

Is Amateur Piano Recording This Hard?

Is this a good recording? Not many likes or even views in 2 years.
  5. T

Blue Jeans Cables Jumps the Shark

Activated charcoal is made from bones
  6. T

Quality speakers for classical music with high output/volume

Let me proceed with this example as an aforementioned composer. So I ask the violin player to play a single tone at 80 db and he happily obliged. Then I asked a bassoon player for 100 db and he refused. Said something about how his lungs have to be at least 100 bigger or something, since when he...
  7. T

Measure your C50 in REW and tell us how your bass sounds!

Thanks Tim! I've made some changes since then, only slightly moving things around and playing with DSP High RT time at 50 and below seems to be due to the fact that for whatever reasons, REW used a later portion of the decay after 50 ms, where it already dropped -20 db from peak Here is a...
  8. T

Using REW to measure DAC/ADC distortion?

If your streamer can play local files, just generate .WAV from REW
  9. T

What is your favorite house curve

Green is speaker on-axis response, from 300 Hz and up gated at 4 ms, no smoothing, below 300 - woofer closed miked, baffle step corrected. Red - speakers at listening position, MMM RTA within 1 ft. Strong room modes peaks and somewhat hot mids Blue - subjectively best result so far, 2 Subs...
  10. T

Subwoofer Comparison

Can you show the plot? Or just provide some actual numbers at 30 or 40 Hz, for example
  11. T

Let's get honest with SPL

IIRC, my Ipad Pro needed +16 db or even higher to match UMIK. Iphone was within 1 db
  12. T

Is the slope too much for this room.

Are you doing a sweep or RTA? your labels suggest the latter
  13. T

I have two small subs in a relatively large and odd shaped open floor in the basement. 90db was deliberate, at 80db distortion in the subbass drops to -35db. Above 40 Hz distortion is good enough for me. On some torture tracks from BASS!!! thread I don't hear any increase in distortion even...
  14. T

With second sub, all measurements at MLP Response with psy smoothing Bass only, no smoothing Distortion Wavelet Clarity
  15. T

It is not even a room, just an open space in the basement, weird shape, low ceiling, no treatment, single sub, probably 11 ft from LP. I guess I just got lucky, bass sounds good to me, but limited in volume, second sub is supposed to arrive today.
  16. T

Need help with multitone measurements

I measured it in the room, not in an anechoic chamber, so I guess I have to live with that high noise.
  17. T

Thanks. Does it mean that noise is a bigger problem in my system?
  18. T

I am trying to figure out how bad my 25 year old speakers are and have some questions about multitone tests I did in REW, using UMIK. I measured on tweeter axis at 1m at several levels in 10 db steps, the reading from REW was 68, 78, 88 and 98. Even with earplugs and short measurements interval...
Top Bottom