Search results

1. stevenswall

FS: JBL SDP-55/SDP-58, Original Box, All Accessories $3800 OBO Paypal

Please delete. Broken images.
  2. stevenswall

Dolby Volume Users? Solution for Loudness Compensation to Improve Low Level Listening?

Looking at a few different solutions from Audessey, Monoprice, and JBL to solve the low level listening issue: Speakers that keep bass levels relatively higher at low volumes sound better at low levels that any system of any size at any cost in any room I've ever heard, when compared to systems...
  3. stevenswall

JBL SDP 58 vs Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Considerations and Purchase Advice

Monoprice Advantages: -Dynamic volume with fletcher-munsen/ISO equal loudness curves -$1500 cheaper. -Dirac Active Room Correction Promised. -Web interface with macros. JBL SDP 58 Advantages: -HDMI 2.1 support. -Dante for digital audio to Genelec system. -Built in Chromecast Other...
  4. stevenswall

Upgrading to Genelec Speakers vs Buying HTP1 to Calibrate Any Speakers?

Currently have a setup that is a 2.1 Genelec system with surrounds and a center channel done by Kali IN series speakers. Looking at a deal on an 8351B for a center channel but don't know if I should slowly change everything to Genelec or if I should just go with something like the HTP1 when...
  5. stevenswall

New Product: Kali IN-5-C, Mountable IN5 from Kali Audio for Surround/Atmos Applications. (IN-5 c, IN5-c)

Anyone remember when Kali briefly sold mounting brackets for their monitors? I wish they'd bring those back for the IN-5 monitors I already have. These are a step in the right direction though! The Orbit mounts they recommend are about $200, bringing the price to about $1200 per pair mounted...
  6. stevenswall

Balanced Sound & Stage Everywhere? Genelec The Ones+Ohm Walsh+Line Array+Polk L800: Front to rear, top to bottom, left to right sound the same.

Can you solve all of these problems at once? Context: You're designing a sound room for a group of people who sit, stand, walk around, and do yoga while listening to stereo music, and they want it to sound the same no matter their position or head height in the room without using headphones...
  7. stevenswall

New Speaker from Kali Audio: Kali LP-8 V2 , LP-8 Second Wave Release Video (LP-6 updated as well)

Kali Audio LP-8 v2 and Kali Audio LP-6 v2 have been released. -$400 and $500 a pair -12dB less hiss. -Improved DSP. -Lighter drivers. This completes their second wave if they aren't updating the sub (which I haven't head of there being issues with it.) Can't wait to see what their 3rd wave...
  8. stevenswall

Sold my first high end IEM to a friend. Feels like part of me is gone.

Ever feel like something was a part of you, a good conversation starter, or something you really cherished because it was the first of its kind, you saved for years for it, or you made it? Just sold my JH Audio Lola to a friend for cheap, and it feels odd no longer having it. I didn't use it...
  9. stevenswall

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

From their announcement today: (Re-Posting after asking permission to do so.) This is a soft release and the item isn't available for regular ordering. -------- "After extensive design, development, testing and direct consultation with experts across the globe we are excited to finally release...
  10. stevenswall

RMAF 2021 - No JBL or Focal? Smaller this Year?

Trying to decide whether to go to RMAF. I want to, but it seems like it's more boutique speaker makers and I want to listen to Dutch & Dutch, Kii, the JBL M2, and Dan Clark Stealth headphones. Searching the company list, if JBL and Focal aren't on there, perhaps it's smaller this year? I'd...
  11. stevenswall

Dolby Atmos on Tidal, Apple Music Spatial Audio, Impressions on Earphones vs Speakers for Surround Sound Music

Anyone trying Dolby Atmos music on a surround sound system or headphones? What did you think of the two? So far: -Listening to surround music on headphones isn't as good as binaural, especially not the Starkey Cetera treated stuff, but it works for the ones that were done well. Some of...
  12. stevenswall

Where to Buy: Dolby DP580 Decoder

Currently have a DP564 and need something else that can do digital and analogue outputs, but newer Dolby formats and HDMI LPCM passthrough for devices that don't output Dolby. Tried contacting a dealer in UT and CO, but no luck. A price would be great, shipped to Orem Utah.
  13. stevenswall

What Dolby Format is This? (Dolby DP564) Youtube Surround Sound

YouTube normally doesn't present a Dolby stream to do surround sound, except with this trailer: (Sorry, can't find anything more "appropriate" to share with the correct encoding.) Bottom encoding sends sound to my surround speakers, top is typical of every other youtube video and surround...
  14. stevenswall

Utah Audiophile Groups? Made an Audio HiFi Meetup Group

Made a group for anyone here in Utah who is interested in getting together to listen to different systems or going to audio conventions together. https://www.meetup.com/utah-hifi-audio/ Wasatch Front Audiophile Groups seems dead unless you're interested in just me posting...
  15. stevenswall

What does "Dynamic" Mean To You?

Do speakers generally act as a dynamic range compressor when operating well within their limits? Do some act as dynamic range expanders? Is high SPL an indicator of what sounds more dynamic? Even when not approaching limits? Most forums seem to have people who describe dynamics is a term...
  16. stevenswall

Second Wave Kali IN-8 Announcement: -12dB self noise

Sorry if it's already posted elsewhere, searched and couldn't find it. Highlight: -New DSP with smoother high frequency response. -12dB self noise improvement. -Same for the old models, but the tweeter pops right back out if you press on it, though I don't recommend doing this.
  17. stevenswall

Would You Rather: Soundstage+Phantom Center OR More Accurate Frequency Response?

Moved studio monitors from corners to ~30% the length of the side walls closer. They are near the sidewalls, per Genelec recommending keeping them closer, or if there is space making sure they are more than 1.1 meters from the wall. this follows the first rule for the side walls, and the second...
  18. stevenswall

Audio Sequencer with IR Learning - Turning Powered Monitors Off Before TV

General: Need a way to use a power sequencer that can be controlled via the TV remote, something that can learn the IR "code" for when I turn off the TV, and quickly shut down powered monitors in the 2-3 seconds it takes for the TV to turn off and make a pop sound. Specific Situation: I have...
  19. stevenswall

Coaxial or Optical SPDIF 5.1 Surround Decode with AES/EBU Output, Breakout Box

Everyone knows of the cheapo optical to 6 channel RCA boxes: And the cheap HOSA ones with only two channels, but digital output: Is there something like this that outputs to AES/EBU for a digital system, and has 5.1 outputs? Wanting something so that I can plug in a Genelec 7271 and 8260...
  20. stevenswall

Help: Old Meridian G91, 585, and 861 for Surround Digital+Analogue Output

Looking for a 5.4 system at most and I'd like to work with AES/EBU which googling suggests Meridian's digital connectors output that. Does optical in from a TV send out a surround signal always or would new videos have DSTX and not have a surround mix they can send over optical? Am I...
Top Bottom