Search results

1. C

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

There are measurements: https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/adam-audio-t7v-studiomonitor-im-test/ SPL is higher and frequency response is flatter. If both cost similar than definitely go T7V, you aren't losing out on anything by going a bit bigger. I pieced together a living room system...
  2. C

I've tried the T5V's in a very large living room siting back about 15 feet and they did really great. I would probably still opt for the T7V's as they will have more output
  3. C

I paid double for my T5V's over my JBL 306P's. Personally I would pay double for the T5V's. They have less bass but get louder and sound a lot cleaner, especially as they get louder. Distortion on the JBL's hold it back from being an incredible speaker. And I prefer the imaging as well, they...
  4. C

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

I've compared both the Rythmik L12 and F12 in my bedroom desktop system. They both sounded indistinguishable from one another. Personally I wouldn't spend the extra money on the F12 if you care about value. I would stick with the L12 or get a bigger sub. And if you are really concerned about...
  5. C

Impressive for the F12 to match the SW15 (assuming the measurements were done to the same standards). Still, today the SW15 is $540 and the F12 is $1000+. Hard to justify that cost increase. With two subs placed well apart, you'll probably get around 3dB averaged out across the low frequency...
  6. C

It depends on your target curve. A flat curve sounds awful, but if it is ruler flat then 70dB at 20Hz is 70dB at 20KHz. With a target curve that sounds good, you are looking at adding 6-9dB on the low frequencies compared to the midrange. So 70dB at 1KHz could be 78dB at 20Hz. With room...
  7. C

I love Rythmik, but a Starke Sound SW15 would be a much much better value right now than a Rythmik F12. $540 for a 15" sub that should have a good bit more output than an L12 or F12. And it comes with XLR if you really need it.
  8. C

Have both L12 and F12, both silent using unbalanced sources. More silent than all of my studio monitors.
  9. C

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

Motu M2 is the better value for all the bells and whistles you get for it being an audio interface. An extremely versatile product with a great DAC. I haven't compared the two DAC's directly, but I believe they'd sound indistinguishable. I compared the SMSL to the Topping D30 and they were...
  10. C

2 speakers and 2 subs will not cover all nulls in all cases (below 100Hz). And if it doesn't then more subs is the solution. I'm all about the cumulative effect which is why I measure everything individually and then measure things combined. If the speakers were to cause issues that could not...
  11. C

Localizability is a potential issue, but that typically occurs past 80Hz. And with two subs you should have a bit less localizability. You aren't wrong, the subs should be responsible for the bass produced in a speaker system. I just don't think this restriction of the crossovers having to be...
  12. C

No way is a small ottoman doing that in those frequencies. Remove it from the room and remeasure if you think it is! You might have to change your listening position. That's a lot of suck out in the mid-bass. Instead of rolling off towards the low frequencies you are sky rocketing up. Is your...
  13. C

Yeah turn down the volume when doing them all together, it will be a lot louder. You've got a considerable suck out, do all your individual measurements show this null? If so then I would mess with sub placement, if not then you have a phase issue.
  14. C

I disagree, subwoofer should always be crossed over at 80Hz or above, and if you have bass capable speakers than you can certainly cross them lower. Having 4 sources of bass is better than 2 in the scheme of fighting nulls. The math will add up when you get acoustic timing results close to zero...
  15. C

Yeah you can mute the channels not being tested like that, though it would be easier to use the mute button in the outputs page instead. Your finalized channel matrix should be similar to mine with the Left speaker getting DIRAC 1, Right Speaker DIRAC 2 and then the subwoofers receiving DIRAC 1...
  16. C

That is essentially zero. Under 1ms is what you should be aiming for at the least. Treat under 0.1ms as zero. Move on to the subwoofers. Here is one thing to keep in mind when running DIRAC. The very first measurement DIRAC takes will determine the volume gains and time delays for the input...
  17. C

In the guide they are testing the left channel against itself because that should definitely be (very close to) zero. I mentioned sweeping from 0-1000Hz, that is applicable for subwoofers, so for time aligning speakers, try what the guide suggests and do it from 1000-20000Hz. Play with volume...
  18. C

Not quite, follow the steps here: https://www.minidsp.com/applications/auto-eq-with-rew/speaker-time-alignment
  19. C

1. You don't have to move your speakers, especially for bass, just grab their individual measurements. If you want to move your speakers then place them where they sound best, not where they measure best in the bass region. For the subs, you move them where they measure best (which is where...
  20. C

Glad you love the SHD and DIRAC! It will take you a while to to get the setup perfect so don't be too impatient. There is a lot too learn and a lot to experiment with. Firstly, use the LFE input on the Rythmik so none of its own filters are being used. There is no need to use its phase dial or...
Top Bottom