Search results

1. E

Tradesman & why you may need one vs. "licensed & Insured contractor:

Ben Flaig James Island Folly • 19 Jan • When choosing a contractor.. “Licensed & Insured” is what is often posted, but don’t be confused. There’s a big difference between a licensed professional tradesman licensed in Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Carpentry etc compared to any old person who...
  2. E

NEW: JICO's CUSTOM SHOP to make NEW modernized SHURE M44 cartridge (as well as JICO's own MC Cart's)

Step further into next evolution JICO has successfully been a key model for stylus replacement manufacturing industries, spreading its values worldwide. As time goes by we interrogatively asked ourselves what is the true sound that can produce by JICO. We became exhilarate to seek and explore...
  3. E

Wondering what THX originally stood for? & The relationship with Dolby? Also about testing power amplifier output capacity :

From: An interview with Tomlinson Holman, pt. 1 by Matteo Milani, U.S.O. Project, April 2009 MM: You're in the film history, as you invented the "de-facto" standard of theater industry. How could you describe your early days at "Lucasfilm"? Tomlison Holman (the T & the H): Heady. We were on...
  4. E

The beginning of better phono preamps (Tomlinson Holman's 1977 Patent)

This 1977 patent caused me to buy my first piece of equipment based on engineering for better sound (ADVENT 300). Which is why I am a member of this group today. Phonograph preamplifier network with infrasonic cutoff response Patent #4,032,855 Holman, II June 28, 1977 A phonograph preamplifier...
  5. E

Quality control (or the lack there of) with new vinyl (Anyone experience any of this, I have)

Marc HenshallSeptember 8, 2020 Culture & Industry Considering vinyl records are pitched as a premium or luxury product, the quality control of some new vinyl releases leaves much to be desired… Pressing faults and the quality of new vinyl is a topic we’ve covered before. Sadly, there are...
  6. E

Fidelis Analog's disassembly of Technics NEW production SP-10R TT

This is a copied post from Fidelis Analog (https://fidelisanalog.com/) Intimate with the SP-10R I know a lot of people have been waiting, patiently, for the most part, for my thoughts on the SP-10R. Well, perhaps not a lot, but at least one gentle nudge on a-gon every...
  7. E

Question about running bass (pair of subs crossed over below 80 Hz) stereo or mono in Tri-Amped system:

The system sources are two TT's (Dual 1229 wt SHURE V15 V cart; TECHNICS SL-M3 wt SHURE V15 V-P OR SHURE 300 carts (all with NOS styli [can put new JICO styli on, also]); as well as a better quality KENWOOD cassette deck & an AKAI RTR. I have now added a slightly modified oppo 205 (will play...
  8. E

Compression (used on Vinyl, CD, FM, etc) & FCC selected FM MPX decoding affecting FM sources

The following information has been culled from: [email protected] Paul Feb 12 #85734 Hi if any of your tuners have an "FM deviation" meter, you would spot which stations compress and which don't or not as much. Basically if the needle is static regardless of the music playing then...
Top Bottom