Search results

1. E

Smart Plugs

It might be simpler to get another girlfriend to do it.
  2. E

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

yes, all RCA. And I would go with this recommendation from zeluxao. This is how I run mine using the PFMOD that zeluxao suggests (& have been for many, many years: Using it in my Tri-Amped application: One NAD 2200 on each main,& one NAD 2200 running 4 ohms stereo on the pair of subs.: I use...
  3. E

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

I only use cordless headphones, (old Sennheiser TR180's I bought new many, many years ago [it is not my main way of listening, speakers are) but the RF unit plugs into any line level Pre out.
  4. E

what are your industrial design favorites?

They decided to do something to keep the trunk hood from dimpling in when you go over 205 MPH (330 KPH). Problem solved with some ancient tech. Good Job! 1981 Porsche 938 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  5. E

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

iFi is Abbington Music Research's entry level gear, Kind of like Toyota & Lexus.
  6. E

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

That's what the band "Canned Heat" was named for!
  7. E

Review of the new Schiit URD

some people are clumsy & break the drive when it is in the out position (maybe they put their coffee mug on it, [apparently Schiit thinks that might be the case]) From the Schitt URD manual: "1 CD Tray. Put your CD in here. After ejecting the tray, that is. And by “CD,” we mean Redbook CD, not...
  8. E

Do CD players sound different to each other?

I had a very early Magnavox that sounded great. I bought a Sony carousel about 2 years later and gave the Magnavox to some friends. That Sony turned out to be just about the worst thing that I ever heard a CD on. Maybe the were competing with COBY before I ever heard of COBY. I do not stream...
  9. E

Show us your Cars

My kind of engine, something just really stylish with old Volvo's
  10. E

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

At first I thought that the last word began with a D!
  11. E

to the first word of your second sentence: I'll add '-poor at it', also
  12. E

How 'Bout a in a Field? The Fastest Way to Lose Half a Million Dollars. My Ferrari is Gone
  13. E

Never did & now, for sure, never will.
  14. E

I have spent the last year not working due to a car accident created by some one else. & just 2 weeks ago got the surgery that I have needed. But I certainly would donate some money to a fund to help Erin.
  15. E

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Not many companies send their larger pieces of gear to AMIRM & the sight itself, I think, is somewhat more stereo oriented. I myself dropped out of the AVR (I had 6.2 going on in 1991) world in 2001. And have now moved into a smaller place that cannot accommodate more that the pair of subwoofers...
  16. E

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

I have never run into issues with any run I have ever made (as long as 20 feet) with an RCA connection that wasn't easily fixable. On one run I have that the turntable is on one side of a 5ft wide fire place opening (a 12 foot run from the TT to the floor, were there is an APT/Holman Preamp that...
  17. E

I also had a 10 gal fuel tank built to fit in the space behind the back seat & (along with the original front trunk fuel tank, at 24 MPG city & 31 HWY), and a 40 or so quart cooler (for food & beverages) on the rear seat, the stops were really, in fact, for bodily functions. A trip with a...
  18. E

Yep, some things were simpler back then. In a Beetle, you could literally go on a 2500 mile trip & by the time you got back, have fully rebuilt the engine in shops along the way.
  19. E

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

While I live in a stand-alone house (the one at the moment is 1100 square feet, including the outdoor patio), even if I had the money (and could justify it in my mind as being useful used for those), I could not justify the space they take up (as, of course I would need one for each channel, at...
  20. E

A VU Meter Amp/Speaker Selector Released by Fosi Audio

Looks like the only use for me (where I plan to put it anyway) is at the BASS amp of my Tri-Amped system (unconventional: 1 NAD 2200 running at 4 OHMs for the pair of custom subs, [crossed over at 80 Hz] & one NAD 2200 amp for each Dahlquist M-905's carrying the duties from 80 Hz up). It's true...
Top Bottom