Search results

1. TimoJ

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Not sure why you would use 100Hz? I use all speakers up to 150Hz and both subs (front/rear) 100Hz. And that 100Hz sub limit is only because LFE, for music I would use 150Hz also for subs. I will experiment more with this and change rear sub (sub2) to 250Hz lowpass and 150Hz ART support. When...
  2. TimoJ

It will, that 100Hz lowpass filter is on my Crown XLS amps, not ART or AVP/AVR. I tested with higher filter values but 100Hz seems to be perfect for LFE (removing localisation of higher notes coming thru sub1). Of course I could use it only for sub1, but there are capable speakers near sub2...
  3. TimoJ

Here is LFE channel REW measurements with ART correction, 7.2.6 setup. First picture has all speakers and two subs active. Next one has only subwoofer1 active. And the last picture has subwoofer1 turned off and sub2 and all speakers active. Both subs have 100Hz 24dB/oct lowpass filtering active...
  4. TimoJ

ART also doesn't seem to EQ subwoofers like regular Dirac does, it uses other speakers' support to do that. I'll have experiment what happens when PEQ is used before running ART. For example, my second sub has pretty bad drop around 23Hz and regular Dirac corrects it. But ART doesn't use EQ for...
  5. TimoJ

How is that done? Since ART does bass management and splitting/filtering bass and LFE to different subs how can you clone LFE to other subs before ART? There shouldn't be subs before ART.
  6. TimoJ

First sub plays LFE + bass managed signals from other channels + ART cancellation signals for different channels. Other subs play support for LFE channel + bass managed signals + ART cancellation signals for different channels. (default settings, you can remove/add/change support etc.) What...
  7. TimoJ

What is LFE in your opinion? Isn't LFE just one of Dolby/DTS channels? So I don't understand what you are talking about.
  8. TimoJ

But they send bass managed low frequency signals to all subwoofers and add ART correction signal on top of that. What is there to reinvent if they did the same for LFE?
  9. TimoJ

Full LFE signal goes only to first subwoofer.
  10. TimoJ

Maybe you don't fully understand how ART works and what it does with support speakers/subs? It's not about going below 20Hz (and ART doesn't even work below 20Hz).
  11. TimoJ

No matter how good L/R speakers are, they will still benefit from support speakers and/or subwoofers.
  12. TimoJ

I use ART (also) with 2 just speakers and it does work much better than regular Dirac. I think I earlier posted here REW measurements. But of course it's nowhere near as good as with multiple ART cancellation speakers. Listening position (for best ART effect) is more limited. And some room modes...
  13. TimoJ

That appears to be the case, at least for now. But other subs' level depends on frequency response (in your room) of subwoofer1. So other subs may support it very much on some frequencies and not at all somewhere else. But there are lots of variables and also settings you can adjust/tweak that...
  14. TimoJ

Are you using your AVP's LFE filtering or subwoofer's built-in lowpass filter?
  15. TimoJ

LFE channel may become an issue. It goes only to subwoofer1 and others subs support it. So, depending how well sub1 goes to 150Hz, other subs or speakers's may not need to support it that high. And that can cause localisation issues.
  16. TimoJ

But Dirac will then use target curve to flatten that 40Hz drop, so it may put there up to +10dB boost. And that 40Hz (or what ever you select) is not just ART lower support frequency, it's also crossover frequency for that speaker. So if you use multichannel material that outputs lots of bass...
  17. TimoJ

Still in alpha testing.
  18. TimoJ

Sadly, no. Only preset themes. I'd like to have better adjustments for UI colors, I find them low contrast.
  19. TimoJ

There are color themes and dark/bright themes. And accessibility menu where you can select one of these: .
  20. TimoJ

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Yes, all your 5 speakers are outputting correction signals. You can also disable certain speakers from sending it. And adjust how much correction signal they offer and at what frequency range (adjustable between 20-150Hz).
Top Bottom