Search results

1. Doodski

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

I'm nibbling a large hunk of sharp white artisan cheddar with many truffle flakes in it and man alive is it awesome! Also what interesting and wild food combinations do you enjoy with cheese?
  2. Doodski

What volume level do you use for classical music? Loud or quiet? What are your opinions regarding relaxation and volume?

I'm just getting into classical @ a late age and I'm a bit confused if it is better really loud or very quiet. I know many like it very subtle and others are head bangers. What is going on here for you peeps? How loud is it in concert usually and what should I expect from my headphone gear to...
  3. Doodski

Seasonal allergies and allergies to anything going.

I was cleaning house, pulled out the refrigerator and found a nasty yucky mouse infestation. There was crusty crystalized urine all along the wall about 2" wide and mouse droppings everywhere where the fridge had been. It had been about 1 year since I cleaned there. So I vacuumed the stuff up...
  4. Doodski

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

No mention of actual news stories in the thread is the rule. This thread is only about recognition of the issue, self management, harm reduction, coping skills and knowing when to set the news articles aside and go to do stuff that is wholesome and positive thinking? Have you escaped the news...
  5. Doodski

Does leaving the volume pot at ~3 o'clock for years damage it?

I leave my Schiit Heresy headphone amp behind the monitor to collect dust. I plan on doing this for years. I repaired a large Kenwood integrated with a huge volume potentiometer assembly. The pot had a very tinyyy tiny spot on the dial @ about 1:30 that would cause a snap/crackle and I wondered...
  6. Doodski

Broke my right wrist, the good arm. Any ideas how long this breakage goes on?

~9pm on the 15th I broke my wrist when I tripped on something behind me and extended my arm to block the fall. SNAP! I broke my shoulder going over the bars of my dirtbike and that made me vomit from pain but this wrist is a different aching pain when it happened. I'm in a big cast to the...
  7. Doodski

The population of experts is increasing in all areas/topics of ASR.

I am noticing the level of discussion in all areas of topical/subject matter here @ ASR is really increasing due to ASR attracting many more experts than we even had not long ago. Some of the subject matter is definitely advanced expert stuff and is impressive that ASR and @amirm has created...
  8. Doodski

Interesting YouTube channels that you watch and follow.

I like to keep it light and wholesome so I watch the Outdoor Boys, Lonewolf 902 and Matthew Posa on YouTube. I've viewed pretty much all of the videos except for Outdoor Boys of which I started viewing them a month ago. What do you watch and follow?
  9. Doodski

What are your favorite most listened to music tracks. Name 2 or 3 tracks or more if you feel like it.

In the background these tracks have been getting lots of playtime in the recent past 3 weeks.
  10. Doodski

Desktop PC download speed is slow. In Safe Mode the download speed is fast. How to search for thing that is slowing the downloads?

How can I figure out what is slowing down my desktop PC web downloads? I only use and used Google Chrome for surfing. I never use any other browser but I did try the speedtest on Edge and the download speed is still slow so the web browser download speed slowdown is common to both Chrome and...
  11. Doodski

Best low budget movies.

I'm going with Clerks from 1994. The film had a cost of $27,575 and in 2019, Clerks was among 25 films chosen to be added to the Library of Congress' National Film Registry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerks_(film)#Legacy https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/
  12. Doodski

1st lab-grown meat product cleared for human consumption in the U.S.

Lab grown chicken is on the menu and starting in a nearby restaurant before it goes to the general public for consumption. Will this be a means to cut down on methane output? Will people eat it and like it? Is this just gross and yucky? lol...
  13. Doodski

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada.

With the cost of living going up and some food items up double digits of inflation some will be going without some kinds of foods this Thanksgiving. Some will be totally going without but this thread is about Thanksgiving and what is available for plating. I like turkey, ham and cranberry sauce...
  14. Doodski

With a Denon AVR-X6700H with Audyssey is REW with a mic still applicable for room tuning?

I am asking because a peep was asking about room tuning with a AVR-X6700H that he is buying. https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-x6700h
  15. Doodski

ASR not blocked in China.

16. Doodski

Do you distrust some engineering? Like bridges, roads, electronics, buildings, vehicles, planes, trains etc etc?

I daily have the heebie geeebies when I cross over a bridge span that must be I'm guessing ~180' high (~55m.) and no columns to support it. I've crossed when a heavy tanker truck, 2 city transit buses and several cars where crossing it simultaneously and I never detected any sort of weird stuff...
  17. Doodski

Organ player Joey DeFrancesco died Aug 25, 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_DeFrancesco
  18. Doodski

Post your EQ settings and state your transducer too.

I am using EQ APO with Sennheiser HD 598SR headphones.
Top Bottom