Search results

1. The Beave

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

And Ben.....God Bless you for being who you you are! It is a privilege to have you here with us, and in all seriousness, BE SAFE WITHWHATS GOING ON. Beave
  2. The Beave

Denafrips

God Love you! In layman’s terms, thank you for that explanation! That makes sense to me. now I’ll bow out! Beave
  3. The Beave

Denafrips

Understandable Paul. I’ll bow out now, my best to you. Beave
  4. The Beave

Denafrips

Very well stated! So off for the night, it’s been a good day here. I wish you all a good nights sleep! Beave
  5. The Beave

Denafrips

Very interesting! Ok, I can jump on that train, your explanation makes sense to me. So I’ll wait while others chime in to help me understand What actually happens to those 16 original bits as it hits a Sigma Delta dac. I understand that the actual science of it is extremely complicated, that’s...
  6. The Beave

Denafrips

Totally spot on! And I’m understanding the scientific aspect, but somebody started this thread to explore why the interest, and I, because I have have indeed slept with the enemy, thought I could bring some answers to your questions. Now granted, there isn’t a whole lot of science when dealing...
  7. The Beave

Ok, back to here before I get kidnapped and dumped in a landfill somewhere. My SDG1 IS ON ITS WAY!!!!! Thank you Santa! Boy I cant wait for this thing! Beave Mrs. Cleaver says Happy New Year to everyone here on the ASR site!
  8. The Beave

Denafrips

Well, be nice now because this thread IS about Denafrips. Unless you want a boring site where everyone thinks alike? I think that would very boring, don’t you? Now for your penance you are to buy a Denafrips Ares 2 and force yourself to listen to it for a month like I did, and then report back...
  9. The Beave

Denafrips

Ok Killingbeans, then I’m thoroughly confused. I just spent time “researching” this on amirm’s thread on Sigma Delta dac’s, and right there and here is his quote: “ but the levels within the 4-bit DAC must be accurate to 16 bits if we desire a 16-bit result. Trimming and digital compensation...
  10. The Beave

Lol!! C’mon, I’d be a fun piece of kit! Hell, I’d buy one especially with a dancing level meter in the display, Uber cool that would be. Now back over to the Denafrips thread where they think I’m nuts......... Beave
  11. The Beave

Denafrips

So I got 11 posts after my post....Good, I did my job, you guys were starting to get a little too quiet on a holiday weekend! Keep it up, posting that is, I’ve got a while before my SDG1 GETS HERE!! Ill look now for the research part of the site, but if I need help in finding it, I’m going to...
  12. The Beave

Denafrips

Good points, and remember I say this with tongue slightly in cheek! And it’s fun to see the passion on both sides of the issue. But please remember I’m getting the Soncoz and the LKS DACS so I’m not being militant on either side. And I love your passion! I actually remember this kind of...
  13. The Beave

Denafrips

I will, but then your saying that all the other papers I read on the net are all bogus? Including white sheets on the dac’s themselves? From the manufacturers themselves? So we’re back to “their wrong and we’re right” crap. Wonderful........ Beave
  14. The Beave

Ok Ben, here’s one for you for the New Years! Now this is tongue and cheek here with just a HINT of a hint. For next year, 2020, Two new Soncoz products (after you’ve made oodles of money from the SGD1 dac) could be: A full component sized (19”) version of the SDG1 with an OLED display added...
  15. The Beave

Dragon crystal aside, looks wise it blows away all its competitors. And I like the fact that it DOESNT have a headphone amp! I just wanted a dac with pre amp functionality because I do use the XLR outs and at 4 volts, it bleeds into the other sources in my preamp, so the volume function of the...
  16. The Beave

Denafrips

Yeah their capitalizing on that aspect of it, but their a business to sell gear and it seems to be working out for them. Hell, I bought one! Lol! I believe from the research I did when I bought the Ares 2 that the theory is that the ladder dac’s resolve all 16 bits discreetly while th e Sigma...
  17. The Beave

Whatever it is the dang thing out classes all it’s competitors imho. Thing looks Beautiful and nothing like the “black box” look of so many other units. Amazon us now has delivery date as March to April! Beave
  18. The Beave

Denafrips

Excellent post! Let’s take your questions in order; I think Feel is the right word hear, because it taps right into the emotion of listening to music. When it’s good I get into it feeling wise. But, and here is to your second question about hearing a difference, when I a/b’d the Denafrips dac...
  19. The Beave

Denafrips

Your right! There was no audio characteristic that stood out from either one. of course if one wants to be really scientific about it in a much more controlled way, but that’s not my aim, for me it’s a matter of seeing if one Sounds Better to my ears than the other, simple as that. And with that...
  20. The Beave

Hey, Merry Christmas and a Happy Honika, Happy Dappy Holidays, Felis Na Vee Dad to you all! And yeah, my spell check is broken, now back to my Family drama, it’s really hot this year with my oldest daughter splitting up as we speak with her live in boyfriend. Boy, I’m so glad I got a bottle of...
Top Bottom