Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Yeah, I’ve experienced the sticky volume control issue as well — though, so far only when I first start up ... I was thinking more along the lines of the rather weak responses to to issues like getting their remote IR codes into the Logitech Harmony database, and other specific feature requests...
  2. C

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

(sigh) And this just goes to show that it isn't in fact all measurements: you need the company standing behind their products and services ... Casey
  3. C

NAD M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier Review

@Kal Rubinson, I gather that you also have the NAD M28. Stupid question (which isn’t covered in the M28 online manual): What are the specifications for the male 12V Trigger input? What kind of plug is it and how should it be wired? This plug wasn’t included with my M28. Casey
  4. C

Hhmmm, I will mention one big negative on the NAD M28: The three-year warrantee is non-transferable. So its value in resale drops like a rock the second you take possession of it ... Casey
  5. C

So I have this same mostly pointless conversation with my friend who’s an unabashed Subjectivist. He says, ”Measurements aren’t capturing everything”. And I usually reply, yes, that’s quite possible. So let’s A. Do a Double Blind test to verify that there may indeed be some data which we’re not...
  6. C

@Kal Rubinson, do you have a contact within NAD's product development department? Maybe you could introduce them to @amirm ... Casey
  7. C

NAD M28 7 Channel Purifi Amplifier Teardown

Note that I did eventually allow myself to be convinced to keep the M28 once @amirm is done playing with it. My misgivings are those of an engineer, not "having listened to it", etc. As an engineer it always pisses me off when I see other engineers do substandard work. Casey
  8. C

(sigh) If I'd only known. As I've mentioned, I did approach Nord Acoustics ... and @March Audio even offered to create a "One Off" implementation ... but I was looking for something which would be a sustainable product with support ... Which, as an engineer myself, I understand the business...
  9. C

Well, a wise man once said — sadly, not me — if everyone and their dogs think you’re crazy, perhaps you should get into therapy. So I’ll go ahead and accept delivery of the M28 and I’ll sell it later if “necessary”. Just for background: I bought this sight-unseen (“ear-unheard”?) based...
  10. C

It's actually my unit that @amirm tested. I've never actually laid eyes on it. After he returns it to the dealer I'll have the dealer sell it for me. Casey
  11. C

Uhmmm, no, not sarcasm. Why do you ask? It cost me ~$4,500 + tax, I probably won't be able to have it sold for anything more than $4,000 and there's a 40% consignment sale fee. Altogether, I may be able to recoup ~$2,500 if I'm lucky. Casey
  12. C

Yes, I was discouraged enough by @amirm’s Performance and Teardown Reports that I finally just decided to sell the M28 immediately. I’ll take a ~$2,500 bath on that. I’ll count it as a good lesson regarding avoiding ”1.0” products. Entirely my fault. Casey
  13. C

Wait. What? Doesn’t that mean that the different channels would have different phase? That could be critical if you got different phase for the Left/Right Channels ... and even the Center Channel With respect to the Left/Right. I don’t think it would make any real difference for the various...
  14. C

@amirm, Given all of the information you’ve gathered, it would be interesting to see if you could establish a communication channel with NAD to discuss your ... less than stellar ... findings ... Casey
  15. C

I am hugely space constrained and really only have room in my home for a single 7-channel amplifier which satisfies my Stereo Music and Home Theater needs. I'd like the highest possible quality for Stereo Music, the other 5 channel come along for the ride ... And yeah, I had been thinking of a...
  16. C

@amirm, do you think that Erik at Gig Harbor Audio could help facilitate a connection to NAD Engineering? It would be awesome to see a better outcome than this for $5K ... I’m going to accept delivery of it because I did order it and I don’t want to leave Erik holding the bag, but I sort of...
  17. C

By the way, I specifically ask Nord months ago if they’d be willing to do a 7-channel Purifi amplifier and they said no: not enough perceived demand. Casey
  18. C

Oh, and the reason I went for the NAD M28 was because of space constraints. I need a single system for both Stereo Music and Home Theater ... Casey
  19. C

Actually @March Audio volunteered to take a whack at doing a 7-channel Purifi amplifier for me, but it would have been a one-off and I didn't feel that it would have been fair to Alan to put him through that effort since I'm probably one of the few people interested in a high-end 7-channel...
Top Bottom