Search results

1. V

Live versus mastered recording

I was fortunate to be able to attend a live concert of Mahler second symphony yesterday. It was spectacular, and I had to admit that I had never been able to hear such an impactful performance through my respectable home audio system. I was fine with that, gave me a good reason to deal with the...
  2. V

Set up a home theater 5.1.2. but hard to get Atmos sources to play

So, I took the plunge and updated my old home theater set up with a new Denon receiver (x1600h) and added 2 height speakers. Have a Blu-ray DVD player, a Samsung k8500 tv, a Roku 4k + device, and computer with windows 10 and HDMI out. All sources are connected to receiver with HDMI. Receiver...
  3. V

Motu ultra lite Mk4 as multidac

I remember reading that others have used the motu ultra lite as a multidac, but I am experiencing difficulties getting it set up under windows 10. I'm using eq apo to equalize 6 channels separately as an active digital crossover, using qobuz as streaming source. USB connected to motu and output...
  4. V

Renovating Thiel CS3.5 Speakers

Renovating the Thiel CS 3.5 My audio journey dates back several decades and began with the KEF 104 reference speakers followed by the Thiel 3.5 floor standers and finally resulted in my current setup with Thiel 3.7 speakers. It is hard to part with speakers that have been a wonderful companion...
Top Bottom