Search results

1. N

Headphone Power/Volume Preference

The Aune S16 was close to being powerful enough for blu ray and games, fine for music, and like most AMPs it likely falls short of the 600mw spec by 30-100mw. The Gustard H10 (4.1 Vrms measured) needs +6 gain with the Essence and +12 with the M-DAC. Audiolab M-DAC: XLR Blanced I/O Level: 4...
  2. N

Great information! I know this isn't exact, but choosing an amp based off the alleged or preferably measured max power helped me immensely after relying on soley on subjective reviews and not looking at the specifications or reviews with measurements (did any exist?) back in 2014-2016 when I...
  3. N

I prefer to have at least 700mw (Beyer T90's & HE560 main headphones) for theater like experience for everything aside from podcasts. Perhaps I need hearing aids.
  4. N

Best Option for HD6XX: Archel 2.5 Pro, L30, or THX AAA 887

It's not untrue if one has similar power requirements to myself, or wants a quarter of that power since the L30 peaks at 117mw into 300ohm.
  5. N

Ludicrous to you, not myself and three other people I regularly listen to content with via headphones. Also based on what the OP typed, he can't know how much volume he likes because his A30 (180mw max power) suffers from distortion, and buying a balanced cable (50$) and AMP like the Magnius...
  6. N

The implication here is that I'm lying or have a weird balanced amp, which I do, and linked to in my first post. I purposefully listed what my volume PREFERENCES are in my first post in the first paragraph. You can repeatedly claim I am wrong about how much volume I LIKE, but that's not going...
  7. N

I don't care what someone else's volume preference is. I posted what mine is and what I look for. I would rather read a book in silence than listen to content with 100mw max power.
  8. N

I have these as well, and they need around 40% less volume (my HE560's need the same amount of volume regardless of the cable type) when connected with a balanced cable to my A 281 AMP. I like to crank the volume (usually @3 O'clock on the volume knob), and watch blu-rays which require much...
  9. N

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/hxmelody-hx500-digital-turntable-player-lossless-pcm768k-dsd1024-dst-direct-solution-player HXMELODY HX500 balanced dac with XLR, DST, a nice screen with the file bit rate and hz, and alleged "DTS: Built-in dual-channel decoding, support downmix, can output...
  10. N

Yulong Aquila II DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thank you for the review. It looks like the Singxer is the better, but uglier choice.
  11. N

ARX RS-1 XLR AB Switcher Review

This looks useful since I can connect my Audiolab M-DAC to it, then out put to an XLR amp and speakers instead of disconnecting the speakers when I want to use the amp.
  12. N

Sennheiser HD6XX with New Fantasia XLR & Original Cable 260$

Purchased from Massdrop in April, arrived in May. I am not a fan of the Sennheiser veil versus the brighter (and sibilance tamed via op amp swap in the Gustard G10) sound of my Beyerdynamic T90's which I want to pair with Hifiman Sundara's. Shipping from Canada, B.C. within Canada or to the US...
  13. N

Why are there no DACs with hdmi input ?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-nad-m51-dac-and-digital-preamp.6681/ I don't find this performance acceptable @ >100$
  14. N

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Thank you for the reply. I wish the manufacturer would be more clear as opposed to having this information on forums and re-sellers websites . Also, do you know if this also applies to the SAGD1? I'm in Canada, and the shipping price is double for the Schiit Modius versus the Soncoz which...
  15. N

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Is point #4 true? (pressing F to doubt) Source=Hifi Go. This claim is absent from the official LA-QXD1 manual and product page, and the higher end SGD1 as well This is a very important feature to me since I plan on connecting the XLR out to my Violectric V281 clone, the Accurate Audio...
  16. N

Why are there no DACs with hdmi input ?

With my Audiolab M-DAC, blu-ray played via PC and consoles only outputs a 16 bit signal over optical without an HDMI extractor which works with the PS4 and Xbox One S, but not the X which is still stuck at 16 bit. A 24 bit signal reduces the sibilance with my Beyer T90's, specifically with Xbox...
  17. N

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Can the pre-amp be easily enabled and disabled (quick button press or 1-2 menu changes) without powering the DAC on and off and special button presses like many others? This is an important feature for me since I want to connect an AMP with XLR and speakers with RCA.
  18. N

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Beyerdynamic T90 (bought 2015) Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ohm (wife; bought 2017) Sennheiser HD6XX (bought 2020) I owned and sold Denon D2000's and AKG K712's (sold after getting a new replacement for the original which suffered from the infinite bass issue) before settling with the T90's. I...
  19. N

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

1.) Don't know 2.) Yes, hold the Select Button and plug the power cable in or use the switch on the back to turn it on which brings up a hidden and otherwise non-accessible menu with several options including the DAC and pre-amp setting.
  20. N

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

That makes sense. I should have been more specific about the Essence: it requires one to go through two menus to switch, but being able to do so with the remote from a distance is a nice feature to have.
Top Bottom