Search results

1. Andysu

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

some may have seen 33" duel speakers used with crossover slopes for subwoofer and its not the size of the subs that bothers me its the visual vibration that , well since dawn of the camera cinema its always been manipulating image to fool the eye , ( basically say it out loud ) i think its fake...
  2. Andysu

actual hearing range vs speaker/s amplifier/s and microphones , we may only hear to 8KHz the rest above it needs careful tuning/EQ to hearing it ?

i do my own study on this as i have no doubt there are dozens of white papers to text/tying it in forums to lots of videos i can see with these visual illustrations the evolution of hearing range the excessive loudness of the sound and frequency range if not done carefully for our , um ...
  3. Andysu

heart condition

few years ago had i had mini heart attack , no smoking or drinking , diet can slowly be cause and caught up , i had stent fitted 2015 and was feeling well okay , a thank you to the NHS paramedics , medical doctors at royal bournemouth hospital i didn't expect to find myself back 9 years...
  4. Andysu

Dolby Atmos which ones are okay and which ones are utterly rubbish for use of overhead sound

gravity 2013 , Dolby Atmos , lucasfilm ltd THX sound system , is still the benchmark Atmos for demo sort of almost directional , dialog , dialog panning , rather than boring dialog always in the centre channel , i can't think anywhere in real world where voice conversation is heard like that...
  5. Andysu

SR-71 meets Concorde

stunning image , when was this no date , unknown , must be top secret flyby
  6. Andysu

the abyss after all this long wait the colour is wrong

wrong colour , james must be colour blind or is taking the mickey , i refuse to see this digital mess at any uk odeon cinema , i keep with the laserdisc that isn't colour 100% perfect , ( i have to mute the sound ) sorry everyone but this is the incorrect theatrical colour to what i saw three...
  7. Andysu

JBL at the THX dub stage

this is thee first THX dub stage where , return of the jedi first THX and indiana jones and the temple of doom 2nd THX ( of course mixed in Dolby Stereo ) and few others before the new dub stage was built at skywalker ranch , it served as ILM screening room JBL speakers have been in and out...
  8. Andysu

THX dub stage last final moments sold off before the demolition crew strip the THX dub stage out

THX certified the seating the brass hand rails , wonder if the carpet as well to lighting , sections of plasterboard i mean i seen strange things where people grab even piece of paper ? part of the THX history soon to be really faded into the history books
  9. Andysu

THX 3417 at the first THX dub stage , ILM

one few second gen THX 3417 made in 1987 , first being dbx 900 THX made in 1983 uses the same THX crossover cards i own three THX 3417 myself this one soon to be gone and someone maybe understands what THX is will have one themselves THX serial number 000092 once THX projection room part of the...
  10. Andysu

boston A200 first used at THX dub stage

these soon be gone within next few , no days at ILM industrial light and magic and first THX dub stage then later served as screening room at ILM as the newer THX dub stage and screening room was at skywalker ranch sort of only curious about other pictures seen of , boston A200 , oh so they...
  11. Andysu

Dolby CP750

a slightly dsp cinema awkward processor to get connected with windows 7 os , operating system , but after some trail and error was able to get , usb lead connected Dolby CP750 download software ( it works , make sure have windows 8 ) pc thou may as well get cheap laptop for less than £100 will...
  12. Andysu

lampshades

any idea what make type the lampshade is ?
  13. Andysu

robocop horny speaker

what type speaker horn is it ? is it this
  14. Andysu

questor speakers

questor tape speakers , any idea what they are ?
  15. Andysu

george lucas THX doomed ! ?

THX did you hear that ? we're doomed george needs spend billion to preserve the 32ten , THX in carbonite doom for THX , those writers are dicks they have ruined it all and soon those writers will have nothing to write for as the'll be no more movie and cinema industry left it all be ...
  16. Andysu

apollo creed JBL

looks like apollo creed has some JBL which model looks like , JBL 4311 , 4311b , checked year manufacture , rocky ii release 1979
  17. Andysu

testing the questor tapes

first head it , inside star trek Gene Roddenberry mentioned it a show pilot , never made it to 13 episodes rights brought , no years ago sadly guy passed and Roddenberry family have tried doing it but nothing so just the one show strang shows not available on laserdisc , only dvd...
  18. Andysu

mannequin speakers

mannequin 1987 what speakers are these ?
  19. Andysu

godfather 3 hi-fi

i noticed hi-fi on bookshelf must be expensive maybe i can make an offer for it ? any ideas what it is ?
  20. Andysu

testing transducer tactile shakers

i don't have the above , so many transducer tactile bass shakers to select from ? so many ways the bass shaker can be fitted and tested bass shakers provide ( to some they are a gimmick to others they are game changer ) to me providing i have more than one attached to the seat and others...
Top Bottom