Search results

1. A

What are the highest rated ANC IEM's on the market ?

I don't have a budget and want to find an IEM that has the best ANC possible. Sound quality in terms of calls/music is not as important. I've checked the RTings website and saw that the Bose QuietComfort II earbuds are on the top of their list. But, is there anything better, maybe...
  2. A

Topping E30 II - Noob Questions (ie sources...)

I want to plug my phone in (android, usb c) what would be the best way going about this ?
  3. A

Knockoffs/Fakes

I'm interested in a pair of headphones for their noise cancelling ability, the Bose 700. Found a reseller on a local market place but the picture they posted seems a bit strange, as the labelling is different on some of the Bose 700 boxes. (Some labels cover the whole top and bottom of the box...
  4. A

Recommend me a cheap but good Soundbar?

Hello, I'm looking for a soundbar that's cheap but good. My budget is within the $100-130 (CAD) range. Thank you!
  5. A

Are these worth anything?

I have a pair of Sony MDR-XD200 headphones: https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-MDRXD200-MDR-XD200-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0007N55NW They feel cheap as hell and don't sound like anything spectacular. I was wondering if I could "mod" them someway/somehow... Does anyone have any ideas? (I don't really...
  6. A

Headphone Recabling Help (Pic included)

Hello, Is it necessary to keep the copper shielding as part of the ground connection to the stereo jack? Can't I just remove the copper shielding and keep the clear and black wires as the ground instead ? I have used this cable before for recabling and used the clear, black and copper...
  7. A

Help me understand "cables".

So I posted a thread on re-cabling a headphone (I was ultimately successful) but I was left feeling like an amateur (which I totally am) after a post in that thread that as super technical and detailed. 1. What is 3 conductor/4 conductor cable ? How do I know when to use what? (Are there 1-2...
  8. A

Trying to recable my headphones but I'm stuck, need help (pics)

Hello, I've decided to learn how to re-cable headphones and for fun I'm trying to re-cable an old pair of Sennheiser HD 449 headphones. I bought a new cable for them, a Mogami W2893 recommended via this guide I'm trying to follow...
  9. A

Reattaching Driver Membrane

Hello, How can I reattach the driver membrane back onto the frame (ring)? I accidently tore it off trying to fix the wires... Any tips ? Thank you
  10. A

Do Bluetooth Earbuds (not Earphones) exist?

"Earphones (also called in-ear headphones or in-ears) are inserted into the ear canal. Earbuds rest outside the ear canal." I was wondering if such a product exists on the market today? From what I've seen, only earphones do. Why am I asking? It's because I would like to be aware of my...
  11. A

What are these ? (Obscure Speakers)

Doing some spring cleaning and found these from looong ago. "psb SPEAKERS HW-1 (Architectural Flush-mount Loudspeaker)" I can't find anything regarding them, are they worth anything? Any good ? Should I sell ? Thank you
  12. A

Maple Tree Audio (Ear+ HD II Amp) - Anyone heard of them?

Hello, I'm looking for something for my Grado RS1i headphones and have run across this company (Maple Tree Audio): https://hollowstate.netfirms.com/#headphoneamps Apparently from all the reviews I've read (most links found on the vendors website) this specific amp (Ear+ HD II) pairs quite...
  13. A

Mental Health and Audio Perception/Enjoynment

I keep asking myself, "how can I make what I'm listening to, sound 'better'?" I keep finding myself wanting to spend more money on audio equipment, when in reality, perhaps I don't really need to. I apparently have a top of the line DAC (my cellphone of all things... the LG G7), good...
  14. A

Video Game Soundtracks

Hello, Anyone listen to these? Total War - Atilla OST - Composed by Richard Beddow Deus Ex - Mankind Divided OST - Composers: Michael McCann, Sascha Dikiciyan and Ed Harrison
  15. A

Recommend me a DAC?

Hello, I've been on the hunt for a dedicated desktop DAC now for a couple of weeks and I can't make up my mind. (I currently own a Audio Quest Dragonfly Black v1.5 but I only use that at work and it's ok I guess? To be honest I don't really know what "bad" sounds like... I mean all of my...
  16. A

Am I doing this right? (USB DAC Question - AQ Dragonfly)

Hello, Questions: Should I set the sample rate higher? Also, does anyone know what sample rate Spotify streams their music at when the "Very High" option is selected? Background Info: I currently have an Audio Quest Dragonfly DAC (Black v1.5) connected to my computer (Windows 10). I have the...
  17. A

Just want to say thanks (Cheese Warning)

I've been a long time member of another forum relating to higher quality audio (it starts with H and ends in I..., not sure what the policy here is on naming names) and I wanted to say thank you to this forum and the people on here. I've only been a member on here for barely a week BUT the...
  18. A

Amazon Legitimacy ? (Topping D30)

Hello, First post here and wasn't too sure where to post it. I just recently bought a Topping D30 DAC from Amazon.ca and it came the next day practically "open box". It didn't look used but there was no seal on the box nor any shrink wrap/packaging on the inside. I've tested it and the DAC...
Top Bottom