Search results

1. Darkweb

How good is your hearing?

Really good.
  2. Darkweb

T+A DAC 8 Balanced DAC Review

I have the one with the DSD converter in it. Upconverting to DSD 512 in Roon makes my Steely Dan sound good.
  3. Darkweb

Research Project: Infinity IL10 Speaker Review & Measurements

Kudos for keeping an open mind in your journey.
  4. Darkweb

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Nice review and speaker.
  5. Darkweb

Preference Rating and the case for subjective preference

I would take two good full range speakers pulled well out into the room over Floyd Toole’s setup any day of the week.
  6. Darkweb

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I’ve had some Martin Logan’s that had no treble fresh out of the box; perhaps the panel needed to be fully charged? I confirmed it with in room measurement.
  7. Darkweb

Steve and club members on snake oil

Sometimes I forget the people I argue with on here are likely 132 years old
  8. Darkweb

Danny Richie Audio Myths on “Electrical Burn In”

So you provide a concrete example of a driver response changing after break-in, and then go on to conclude that since your sole anecdotal example could be inaudible (did you test?) to human ears you go on to conclude burn in is completely a “waste of time and energy”? Seems like very shaky...
  9. Darkweb

Add a subwoofer to Focal Aria 906 bookshelf speakers ?

There’s nothing more annoying and immersion breaking than actually hearing bass come from the subwoofer’s location. Feel free to experiment but I would never crossover that high. 80hz or lower. Don’t chase tiny flaws in the speaker response that are swamped by room modes anyway.
  10. Darkweb

Revel Salon2, B&W 802 D3, or similarly priced speakers + Benchmark chain?

Take your pocketful of money and go gain some actual experience listening to speakers, and use music you actually listen to. There is no substitute for it (especially forum advice).
  11. Darkweb

MQA Sounds Really Good!

MQA sounds pretty good to me too. Not sure why audiophools get so upset over it.
  12. Darkweb

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

Missed the keyhole mount. That extra 1khz is for extra jump factor in the breaking glass sound effect. Toole simply never tested for this!
  13. Darkweb

Really surprised to see snobby audiophools bash a $100 speaker for not being linear enough for them. As if the target market for these is some crusty old boomer asking his wife to come in and see if these are peaky at 1khz during his favorite violin concerto. A better test for these speakers...
  14. Darkweb

If Floyde Toole believed the “correct” thinking was everyone’s taste in speakers was the same I’d wipe my ass with his $54 book and demand a refund.
  15. Darkweb

“The people who incorrectly think everyone's taste in speakers is different can perhaps explain why some people may want every note around 1 kHz in their music to be exaggerated.” Just curious if of the listening tests done to derive the Harman curve you rate the speakers against, did all of...
  16. Darkweb

Making a streamer with Intel Nuc/how

This guy doesn’t sound like the type who appreciates products with “UPnP” in the title or other fly by night crap that rarely “just works” the way Roon does.
  17. Darkweb

Making a streamer with Intel Nuc/how

You’re getting a lot of penny wise and pound foolish advice. Buy any old fanless PC and pony up the $100 for Roon. Point Roon at your music files. Connect said PC to your DAC via USB. Control Roon with an iPad and enjoy the seamless Tidal or Qobuz integration, as well as the most intuitive...
Top Bottom