1. Nichdroid

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes, JDS Atom, Topping L50, Bose QC 35 II
  2. Nichdroid

Moondrop Chu

As soon as I saw the price, I bought them immediately:p
  3. Nichdroid

EarMen Tradutto Review (DAC)

Not really, "tradutto" hasn't a meaning in Italian. The italian word for translated is "tradotto" and "traduttore" is the Italian word for translator, but yeah, it sounds kinda similar
  4. Nichdroid

What's the speaker of your dreams?

Hey, it's the Wilson Tune Tot:cool:
  5. Nichdroid

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

I thought the same, I think also a little bit of grunginess sometimes, even if I admit, I had to crank up the volume all the way up to three o'clock in high gain on my JDS Atom. At my normal listening levels, I was not able to tell a difference whatsoever. Test was performed on my pc with...
  6. Nichdroid

Audio Science Review

It's time to buy a proper Audio Precision analyzer:p
  7. Nichdroid

How good is your hearing?

That test made me thinking, so I applied a -50dB pre gain filter on right channel to try only left ear. The result is that previously I was wrong and clearly can hear up to 21KHz, but on my left ear the signal must be at much higher loudness level.
  8. Nichdroid

How good is your hearing?

21KHz, but only on right ear. I'm 23.
  9. Nichdroid

how much headphone amp is enough???

With the same headphone, driving them with a JDS Atom I'm experiencing the same thing. Mind you, that happens only with very few tracks of my Blue Rays acoustical and classical music recorded with very low loudness level... In that scenarios I have to crank up the pot all the way up to 3-4...
  10. Nichdroid

Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Review (Audio Interface)

Microsoft released Windows XP Professional x64 on April 2005;)
  11. Nichdroid

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Review (portable headphone)

He linked the profile source. If you click on the link, you'll see that profile is derived from Oratory's measurement.
  12. Nichdroid

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Review (portable headphone)

In that post he's comparing EQ profiles, not measurements.
  13. Nichdroid

Vote: Which Headphones Should I Get Rid Of?

Well, yeah, but I'd be very interested if at some point he'll get the opportunity to measure other units of the same headphone model... I don't think it would be necessary another full review, but maybe another set of measurements with the same headphone could provide us hints on variation...
  14. Nichdroid

Vote: Which Headphones Should I Get Rid Of?

I have another idea... (Don't take that too seriously:D) The problem is that you have not enough space to keep them, right? so... send them all to Amir for testing, one at a time. You see, it's a win-win situation, you make space on your house, then Amir could provide us more reviews and he...
  15. Nichdroid

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Takstar Pro 82. Those are quite cheap and can be found around 40-50€ here in Europe. (or imported from Aliexpress;)) Also they are quite well acclaimed though. I got mine for 45€ from Amazon and would like to see how they measure on Amir's G.R.A.S. Also I'd like to see measured Mr. Speakers...
  16. Nichdroid

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

Indeed, that's very surprising to me. In this case I think that we can see the truly effectiveness of non smoothing the data from various measurements. Maybe that's why other measurements didn't show those severe treble resonances from FR graphs... Thank you @amirm for another excellent review:)
  17. Nichdroid

Hifiman HE400i Review (planar headphone)

Same here, I've tried a couple of profiles, including Oratory's ones, but apart from your's none of them satisfied me; some sounded to much bass boosted, some other with strangeness in treble...
  18. Nichdroid

[owners thread] HIFIMAN HE400i headphones (v. 2016)

Very intresting, thanks! :)They look thicker than the stock ones, has the clamping force increased due to the increased thickness?
Top Bottom