Search results

1. koro

When a single vinyl album costs more than your DAC ...

That first quote is pure gold.
  2. koro

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser hd 58x Superlux hd681 Superlux hd668b Hifiman HE4xx Apple earbuds: embarrassing, but they’re my most used earphones, they sound nice in my particular ears, sound changes a lot depending on the position of the port. VE monks and a dozen cheap hyped IEMs. I wish I had saved for some...
  3. koro

Please advise on a DAC+amp combo, and a headphone with a warm, relaxed sound

I have the hd58x and they sound neutral but rolled off in the highs. I guess you could call them warm in the sense that the mids are present but not so much in the high-mids. The Hifiman 4xx for instance, have more recessed mids but I can’t listen to them for too long. I can (subjectivism...
  4. koro

Buchardt S400 Speaker Review

Oh, I see now, sorry. I still have lots to learn, thank you!
  5. koro

Haha they look impressively flat indeed, but ironically that makes a negative impact in the context of the “ideal Harman in room response curve”
  6. koro

Hi Mads, Could the very “too” flat bass response in Amir’s measurements relative to everything published before have anything to do with the break in period you mentioned?
  7. koro

I think one of the issues is that the panther “score” seems to be based more on the subjective impression than measurements.
  8. koro

Intergrated Amplifier for Q Acoustics 3050i

Yes, you’re right, I only suggested that route in the case you didn’t want to spend on an usb dac or the module for the soundcard you mentioned earlier. As far cables go, between those two I’d go for the cheapest.
  9. koro

I’m not en EE so I don’t really know how to read the subtleties in the schematics, but if there’s anything crucial I’ve learn here, it’s that using fancier/more expensive components doesn’t translate to a higher quality end product. Both A-S501 and A-S701 are good engineered and similar...
  10. koro

Thanks, that’s what I was trying to find, I think it’s owned by What Hifi now, no less! :facepalm:
  11. koro

There were some measurements online of both a-s500 and a-s700 which I can’t seem to find atm, and other than power, there wasn’t any objective difference between the two. If anything, I think the a-s500 had marginally better distortion figures, small enough to be far from audible. I ended up...
  12. koro

I have the less efficient 3020i (3050i are 87.8dB according to independent measurements) and the Yamaha a-s500 (same power as A-s501) and it has more than enough power to drive them loud and clean without clipping in my medium sized living room. Before owning the Yamaha I had been driving then...
  13. koro

What's the science behind more power leading to better sound?

Hehe, I must admit I had these in the back of my head as well...
  14. koro

Oooh , new Drop THX collab!

“While the 789 provides more power with its balanced design, the ONE will still drive most headphones with ease” So no XLR, right?
  15. koro

What's the science behind more power leading to better sound?

Thank you solderdude, I’ve always wondered the same as OP. So, if I’m getting this correctly, assuming I have two transparent amps with different power output capabilities but with low enough output impedance to not alter FR and I’m listening at a level in which neither are clipping, we...
  16. koro

Two-channel Audyssey receiver with pre-out?

I forgot there’s the Anthem STR family of preamps and integrated amps, too https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=str-integrated-amplifier/page=overview
  17. koro

Two-channel Audyssey receiver with pre-out?

The Yamaha R-N803 Network Receiver is the only stereo receiver I know with room correction, sadly no pre-outs tough https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803/index.html
  18. koro

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Yes, I’ve read many discussions of people worried about wether their amp or even volume knob digitises their pure(ist) analog signal, and what’s the point of vinyl then and such. Yamaha makes a stereo receiver with YPAO room correction, the R-N803, which I’m afraid has not had a great success...
  19. koro

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Mine is a Marantz nr1509 and doesn’t work with the Audissey app although they claimed it did (it was a typo) on their web when I bought it...shame
  20. koro

How to quickly and easily spot new reviews on ASR

I use a rss reader in Telegram, since I don’t see how to get email notifications for the general Reviews page. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews/index.rss
Top Bottom