Search results

1. B

Subwoofer Delay setting using REW Time Alignment query

Wondering if anyone can help please I might be doing something wrong. After successfully time aligning the mains, rears, and Atmos speakers I'm now trying to time align the subwoofer Subwoofer is SVS-Ultra 13 with the latest 1000d amplifier (old one failed) I have been using Centre channel...
  2. B

Mission ZX-2

wondered if anyone has tried these and what their opinion was please ? one of my rear heights (a Tannoy Eyris R) it is over 25 years old) seems to have failed, therefore looking for replacements. It was being used as an Atmos height - so was looking to directly replace that with something like...
  3. B

Bass/LFE too high after calibration with REW

I've been finding that after calibration, even to a flat <500hz - that for many films the bass/LFE sounds over bearing and too hot whilst it's impossible in my pretty square room with one sub to calibrate completely flat, I've removed the peaks, and am left more with troughs, and with REW I set...
  4. B

Looking for suggestion for HDMI 5.1 or 7.1 audio output for use with REW

I'm thinking my only real option is a cheap Nvidia (GT730 or equivalent) or AMD card - but spending £80 odd just for HDMI digital audio output seems a bit over the top I have a gaming PC which has HDMI output etc but its very heavy to move around - I also have a Dell T20 which is already in my...
  5. B

REW - Display Harman Curve plus Speaker and Subwoofer Level Query

I was wondering please if there is any way you can display a Harman Curve (or equivalent) within the Frequency SPL response window itself rather than have to copy over to "EQ" then overlay a curve in there ? Ref. Speaker Levels I have a couple of queries please: (1) on Denon AVRs if you use...
  6. B

Subwoofer Plate amp - PCB screws

Does this look normal please - its on a Plate Amp on a subwoofer (that seems to have failed, it's own fuse instantly blows) I'm assuming what is shown in the photos is something like an anti vibration glue - but on opening and performing an initial visual inspection the glue or whatever it is...
Top Bottom