Search results

1. J

Musician's IEM for singing

I would say use whatever IEM you may already have with whatever foam tips are comfortable for you and EQ to Harman above voice fundamental. If you're looking for a new IEM there's ER2SE or Chinese IEMs ranging from $20-200 on amazon, like Truthear Zero, Truthear Nova, Tangzu Wan'er, Salnotes 7hz...
  2. J

Digital Coaxial Switch Box.

Second this. Lots of extron switches and stuff out there for dirt cheap.
  3. J

13 dBHL of hearing loss. Continue using IEMs and headphones?

Just did a quick google image search for "hearing threshold age". But, a normal age-appropriate audiogram does not necessarily mean there is not any hidden hearing loss.
  4. J

Interesting new Moondrop product- DSP equipped IEM cable

If the base IEM already has a good magnitude response, 3dB is not so bad. The issue is in this case need to apply EQ to a target but also to compensate for some hearing loss, so either a max of 3 dB or 10kHz limit is not going to cut it. I need to get a Qudelix-5k, although I've been holding out...
  5. J

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Seems like there is still a little while to go before I buy one of these cable dsp dacs then. Each are decent, but both versions have obvious flaws/annoyances.
  6. J

Is the cdsp just a less "premium" variant? Same specs?
  7. J

Ubuntu Desktop - safe to disable ufw firewall ?

If it's just for audio, I guess there's no real reason why it can't be disabled if there's nothing on the machine that doesn't need to be secure. The 'proper' way to do things would be to find what ports are causing the problem and then allowing them to pass with ufw if you are so inclined.
  8. J

Audient iD24 or Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 4th gen?

Personally like MOTU, would wait for measurements on the new gen Scarletts before buying. Topping also has interfaces upcoming.
  9. J

Focusrite Scarlett 4th Gen

Companies are finally learning to put mic inputs on the back
  10. J

Recommend 3 Open Back Headphones To Audition

USB dongle DAC + 6XX + use Soundsource app to EQ
  11. J

Spotify and Qobuz difference

I would say Qobuz and Apple (Japan, if possible), are probably the best options for most people. Personally I use Qobuz because it has the least cons for me. It's one of the platforms that has 3rd party tools for ripping music, has non-MQA hi-res and it also has good integration with various...
  12. J

I've got hearing loss - help please finding a headphone

The AKG is a decent suggestion. Would look into the Qudelix-5k which has built in peq and a battery. IEMs will also give you more isolation in situations where you may need it and easier to apply gain with less leakage. There are very good $20 IEMs on amazon such as the tangzu wan'er or 7hz zero...
  13. J

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Does neumann software support multiple (or stereo) subs yet?
  14. J

Focusrite has to be the most overrated interface ever

Yep, motu is the best all-round choice for interfaces.
  15. J

Windows 11 sample rate conversion - really bad?

Does it do the same thing at -4 dBFS?
  16. J

Choosing a multimeter, has anyone had either of these? Which would you choose?

Just checked, no such issues with my 189 thankfully. Virtually instant.
Top Bottom