Search results

1. SuperDerpBro

Is there any good, free remote controllable streaming software that runs on x86....

.... that is not Daphile or Volumio? I dislike both. Been using Daphile/material for quite some time now. There's always something I don't like about it going on. It's also borderline torture to navigate it's options. I have many tiny PCs and don't want to buy a Pi, heh. Cheers :)
  2. SuperDerpBro

Subwoofer hum..

A year or so ago I bought a cheap 12in powered sub. It has a slight hum when turned on. Just enough to not be able to live with. :/ The seller refunded me but didn't make me ship it back. Is there anything I can do with it, or should i just recycle it? Just a massive box taking up space heh :/...
  3. SuperDerpBro

Anything wrong with using a portable headphone DAC in a full stereo setup?

Currently I'm running Daphile, on a Dell Wyse, with an Aiyima DAC that seems to be a bit noisy in the left channel. (Probably going to change back to a Windows laptop with foobar.) Anyways, I'm looking for an inexpensive, basic, USB DAC that also sounds great! heh. It occurred to me that I...
  4. SuperDerpBro

Hiby FC1?

Looking for something cheap that has a bit more power than an apple dongle. Ideally at least as good audio quality as the apple. Maybe a little less "fussy" on android. I cannot find much info about the FC1. :/ It is $30 CAD shipped on AE ATM. :)
  5. SuperDerpBro

Trying to install Daphile but it is not seeing internal storage.

Dell wyse 3040. I cant seem to get it to install. Any ideas? Shows up here and in the clear drives during boot/setup. But is not an option in the install drop down box. The only thing there is the install USB. :(
  6. SuperDerpBro

SMSL A300, SONY STRDH190 or Yamaha RS202B?

I've been trying to decide which to buy for about 3 days now. They are all about the same price (250 CAD). My speakers are the ELAC Debut PRIMA DBP5 Although leaning towards Yamaha, the SMSL is also very interesting to me. I cant seem to decide, lol. Thoughts?
  7. SuperDerpBro

Best way to control volume on this setup? (More of my dumb newb volume questions)

Most things I read, and people I've asked, say to try and do volume as far down the chain as possible. I just set up everything I bought on Black Friday and am curious what is the best way. I mostly use a dedicated ITX PC to play FLAC from my NAS.. sometimes CD player. Haven't even tried a CD...
  8. SuperDerpBro

ELAC Debut PRIMA(?) DBP5..

Upgrading from some Edifier R980Ts. I can't find very much information on these. I impulse bought some last night while half asleep, lol. Total CAD $201.59 shipped with a coupon. https://www.automatedentertainment.com/product-page/elac-debut-prima-5-25-bookshelf-speakers-by-andrew-jones-pair...
  9. SuperDerpBro

Some stupid Interconnect questions

I would like to try my hand at making a couple very short RCAs. Less than a foot. I'd also like to make a short SPDIF cable for a CD player. I have a bunch of these.. could I use a short one (0.5m) as coax for my CD player while I wait to make my own...
  10. SuperDerpBro

Is it okay to use the DAC to control volume?

Currently using a cheap DAC that i bought because it looked cool, had a remote, and was cheap (AIYIMA DAC-A1), lol. It's the only device capable of controlling volume VIA a remote in my setup at the moment. I've been searching all over. I see people saying it's okay to use the DAC to control the...
  11. SuperDerpBro

AIYIMA A03 vs A07?

A lot of people recommend the 7. But I like the features of the 3. It's the same price. I have no idea what would make one better than the other. Does anyone here? heh :P A friend also offered me fairly mint Sansui a40 but he wants almost double what either AIYIMA costs. I'm told its serviced...
  12. SuperDerpBro

Is what I did to this ZK-MT21 safe?

I got this a few months back and could never get it to work. Today I decided to give it another try. After examining pictures/videos of the board online and comparing to mine, I noticed this large bridge. It isn't on ay of the pictures of the amp online so I (very poorly) removed it with my...
  13. SuperDerpBro

Cheapest DAC with USB input (and maybe volume control VIA a remote) worth buying?

I've just been using an Apple USB C dongle DAC for my music streaming PC. From that into powered speakers. I don't need to, but I'd like to upgrade. I found an FX Audio DAC-SQ3 for CAD $120 shipped. Even that is honestly more than I can justify spending, heh. I'm also not even sure that would...
Top Bottom