Search results

1. D

$300 DAC with reliable power down / power up behavior

2nd this. I use my SMSL DO100 DAC for an active crossover speaker setup. The DAC is providing volume level control and is directly connected to power amps without volume controls of their own driving my magnepan speakers. Lots of power on and off some intentional some not and the SMSL DO100...
  2. D

Reisong A10 EL34 Hi-Fi Audio Stereo Tube Amplifier Single-end Class - A Review

Have you had any issues with the Solid State Rectifier (SSR)? the SSR comes on instantly which may hit the amp tubes with power before they are ready. The normal tube based rectifier takes a few moments to warm up just like the amp tubes.
  3. D

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

some additional data on my M8125X from my watt meter. .58 Power Factor at idle (powered on, no music playing) 60 watts at idle 106 VA at idle .88 amps at idle (same as listed in previous post) After the M8125X has been on for a few minutes and warms up, those idle numbers drop a little...
  4. D

My Watt meter was set to measure amps. The .88amps is powered up but with no music playing.
  5. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I am presently getting some support from Aoshida on the --- display issue. Still not resolved, but to help anyone else, here is the factory reset procedure for the DO100 DAC: Unplug the DO100 from power, long press the volume knob, and then use the AC power cable power to it until the machine...
  6. D

ooops... I misstyped my model number. I went back and edited my post to M8125X
  7. D

Descartes, I hooked up my watt meter to my M8125X M8250X. I guess I am really not stressing it at all in my setup. I am using the M8125X M8250X to power my 7 speakers of Center (magnepan MMG-C), Rear Left/Right Back surrounds (Mirage Omni 60) and 4 Ceiling speakers (mirage omnisat). 80hz to...
  8. D

I just purchased my second DO100. I am using them in an active speaker setup. One DO100 on the woofers and one DO100 on the tweeters. The top unit is the recent unit just purchased refurbished from Amazon. It seems to work fine, however the display after powering on settles to 3 dashes...
  9. D

depending on the volume you listen and speaker sensitivity every situation may be different. You can spend a few dollars and try and measure the load your devices are pulling. watt meter
  10. D

The monolith unit has heavy duty heat sinks/fins that will help the modules from going into thermal limiting or shutdown under susained heavy current draw (if such a situation would ever even occur). Otherwise both the buckeye and monolith units used the same hypex modules and should perform...
  11. D

Internal view of the M8125x for anyone that is curious.
  12. D

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

Would the Behringer A800 be a good match for the woofer/bass frequencies of my active crossover Magnepan 1.6 system? In my system I have a Minidsp Nanodigi that performs the crossover function PRIOR to the power amps. Such that the tweeter power amps only see the specific high frequencies and...
  13. D

Here is what I am seeing in the Q&A on the monolith web site for the M8125x item: Are you currently shipping the units that have the xlr to rca fix? It was reported on AVS website but haven’t heard anything as of late. BEST ANSWER...
  14. D

did you open the case to see if your shield is already there? call monoprice tech support, I think they plan on having DIY kits available if you want to install the shield yourself.
  15. D

I am happy to report that the B-Stock M8125X did in fact have the shields already installed. Also testing so far (at least in my setup) does not reveal any hum issues. And my setup includes RCA to XLR adapter cables.
  16. D

Just a note for the crowd here. I just purchased a B-Stock M8125X unit from Monoprice. I was told by tech support at Monoprice that all the B-Stock units have the shield retro fix mod installed. However the new units still do not. At present the M8125X new and B-stocks are on sale. Also...
  17. D

Any updates on if the currently shipping units have the fix or not?
  18. D

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Does the E70 remember the previous volume setting between power on/off cycles?
  19. D

Joffy1780, the need for a user to hit the power on button everytime is a deal killer for my setup. The DAC must powerup when my power control strip powers up the outlet or I need to look at another DAC, may be like the topping e70 that has a trigger in/out built into it.
Top Bottom