Search results

1. L

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Raw measurement data from few Audio-gd product reviews on this site. Not a review of Master 11 specifically. I don't have access to other gear to compare. I do not really know how well signal chain gear measurements translate in to audio quality. I am a firm believer of science. Headphone...
  2. L

Yamaha A-1 Vintage Amplifier Review

The specs Yamaha listed for A-1 pale in comparison to their M- and MX- lineup of power amplifiers. So I am bit confused why people are getting excited by the A-1? Some M- and MX- models can be had for around the same price or slightly more. On top of the performance they are some of the best...
  3. L

Possible to calibrate a mic using REW and another mic?

Yes it is absolutely possible to make a calibration file for another microphone using calibrated microphone. This is very good video tutorial on how to make new calibration file for microphone using REW and UMIK-1 A friend of mine bought Omnitronic MIC MM-2USB microphone. Similar to UMIK-1...
  4. L

I have owned Audio-gd Master 11 since 2015. It has served me well but as we now know that Audio-gd gear isn't that great... If the Master 11 would sell for 1000 euros that would be enough for Topping A90 + D90. Especially if both are bought used. A90's and A90D's seem to be well available on the...
  5. L

Just to make sure. Do you recommend the Topping A90 for Hifiman HE-6's? Or is these some other amplifier you'd recommend for the HE-6's? Asking here as not to grave dig the HE-6 thread.
  6. L

What headphone(s) do you own ?

HE-6's since October 2015 so over 6 years now. Endgame wasn't just a meme.
  7. L

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

They were fine otherwise I guess. Heard that foil/plastic cracking noise whenever I put the headphones on. Pushing the ear cup against my head would make it sound. Only occasionally I heard it when listening music at loud volume. I used them for couple months like that. Then I sent them to...
  8. L

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

I had that crumbling sound in Audeze LCD2F when the diaphragm had fallen apart. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread.509710/page-426#post-11789261
  9. L

Best high end monitors at around 6000-9000 EUR

I would love to suggest the Genelec 8351. Speaker design is finally moving forwards. Guess size will always win though as top of the line 14 000 euro/pair 1238A SAM seems to be more popular than the cheaper models combined. Finnish audiophiles are simply not buying the 8351 or 8260. Reading...
  10. L

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

Never been a big fan of needles but this brings a smile on my face.
  11. L

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Oh geesh. If it wasn't clear enough I want to know how well the X22 measures up to X26.
  12. L

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Hey, I tried my best to find the differences between X26 and X22 DAC's but coulnd't find an answer after searching three forums. Does anyone have deeper knowledge of the differences between these two models and how they may perform? There is used X22 for sale that has caught my attention. If...
  13. L

Spending ratios on a hifi system

1. Room treatments ~500€ for basstraps, 250€ for diffusers, 200€ for absorption. 2. Speakers 2600€ for B-stock pair of XTZ Divine 100.33. MSRP would have been 3560€. 1150€ for Arendal Subwoofer 1.5 3. Amplifier 220€ if I remember correctly for used 90's vintage Yamaha MX-50 power amplifier 4...
Top Bottom