Search results

1. T

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

2220's vs Vidar - I've been debating that, as well. If we are talking about Vidar 1, then I think Amir recommend the 2220s, however, I don't believe Amir reviewed the Vidar 2 yet, and that amp got a serious overhaul (people on the internet have noted it sounds much better, too). I think we need...
  2. T

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

So far, Schiit has not acknowledged this as a problem. It's just a byproduct of their new discreet topology. I think if you were to get a response from Jason, the president of Schiit, he would say that the issue is minor enough were the people that are complaining about it are suffering from...
  3. T

So even though I'm happy with the overall sound of the Skoll and won't likely return it, I did put in a formal complaint to Schiit about the buzzing issue, so if they don't see it as an issue yet, hopefully, this will help steer them in the right direction to help resolve the issue for everyone.
  4. T

I can't hear the buzz at my listening position at normal listening volume, only if I put my ear up to the speaker I can. If I turn up the volume to reference level I can hear the buzz at listening position which is a bit annoying since I like to do that when the wife leaves the house, but once...
  5. T

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

@amirm will you be reviewing the new Schiit Skoll phono pre amp soon? Im extremely interested in how well their higher end phono performs.
  6. T

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

What is the go to "all arounder" receiver that ASR recommends that is new in 2022?
  7. T

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Ordered these based off of Amir's review. Looking forward to hearing these!
  8. T

Tekton !

So, looking to purchase some Tekton DI. Is the consensus that they mesure well?
  9. T

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

They didn't sound good because you didn't use Audio Quest cables. If you did it would have created a magical synergy. Very musical.
  10. T

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Do you think 6xx/650 has a better sound signature, or would you spring extra for these?
  11. T

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

I feel like we are all in the back of the car yelling "Are we there yet, are we there yet" while Amir up front in the drivers seat gritting his teeth muttering under his breath, "We'll get there when we get there". Lol. I know Amir is a busy guy, so I will do my best to wait patiently.
  12. T

Hi @amirm ! Any news on the retest with the new PS?
  13. T

That is very very tempting...
  14. T

2 Hypex NC400 monoblocks for ~1300 or 2 of these Outlaws for $800? I wonder if the better Measurements of the Hypex would be noticible to justify spending the extra $? What would you guys do?
  15. T

2 of these or 1 Schiit Vidar?
  16. T

Good catch! (Likely was before Amir settled on 5mv) Might be good to have Amir measure the DUO again if he's willing, since this has implications of who is the king of the hill phono.
  17. T

Is there anyway to reduce the mains noise or it is what it is? Also, a bit confused on the SN ratio. Schiit reports it at 96db (which would smoke the competition). But, ASR found it to be only 81db? That is a pretty big discrepency and seems like the Cambridge DUO still wins?
  18. T

Monolith M1060C headphone settings?

Thanks! But that one is for the regular M1060, mine is the M1060C (closed back). I do believe the drivers are different, as well.
  19. T

Monolith M1060C headphone settings?

Good afternoon! Looking at squeezing all the goodness I can out of these cans. I set up my Senn HD6XX with Amir's recommendations using Equalizer APO with tremendous results (Sub-bass is killer) The M1060Cs have better bass than the Senns by default so looking at boosting capability here...
Top Bottom