Search results

1. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

Dynaudio Focus Active speakers, I’m still in the process of getting used to the sound, they are very different from the JBL . On the negative side they are not as airy as the JBLs, but the positive is that I can now listen to all my CD’s without fatigue and I have that “turn the volume up” itch...
  2. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

It’s been a while since I owned a pair of 4429, but I would say that the sound signature is more or less the same in the high frequency compared to 4349, over-all sound the 4349 is the darker than 4429, due to more low level output and recesses midrange. I compared the 4429 to the Array 1000...
  3. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I sold mine recently, got tired of the constant listening fatigue with less than stellar recordings. Some of issues was my room but the 4349 are elevated in the top end and the midrange a little recessed so they will always sound a bit lean. With the low JS-120 stands the bass is muddy, and with...
  4. D

Audiolab DC Blocker 6 - Inside Pictures

No ground loops issues, and wiring gauge is also okay, bad wiring could be the root cause but I hope not, the house is brand new and all the wiring runs inside the walls. I'm still voting for the light switch or the LEDs, I have the same LEDs other places in the house but they are using a...
  5. D

I did some more digging and the LED bulbs are not replaceable after all, and the pop/crackle is back with a vengeance. The light switch might be the issue, so I will try installing a dimmer switch, they seem to work better around the house. The quality and design of the unit is very nice, if...
  6. D

Thank you, 1.4v per outlet is great, but also what I expected from reading about the smaller one. The support guy said only 500mv in total then changed it to 500 mv per output. The light switch is fine (new), the pops are related to the LED bulbs (GU10) with integrated transformers, they are...
  7. D

Hi, Can someone tell me how much DC this baby will block, I don't know that much about components and I'm pretty sure that the support guy from Audiolab was wrong. Please feel free to comment on the design it self, is it any good or should I return it. It does stop some of the pops I have in...
  8. D

JBL 4349 Stands

Great tip, but due to local taxes and shipping from the US to Denmark, it will be close to 600 USD in my end:rolleyes:
  9. D

JBL 4349 Stands

There is a new high end stand in town for the JBL 4349, the Danish distributor made a deal with JBL about a replica of the Japan only model JS360. The model is called BS-360 and it is black whereas the original is blue. It is s only available within the EU (AFAIK) and the retail price is about...
  10. D

Connaker says: "Sonos PORT NOT Bit Perfect" !! Do you/we care?

The Sonos app is the most user-friendly you can find at this point in time, that's why a lot of people wants it to be bitperfect to feed an external DAC. Pi3,4 etc. is for nerds, and if you don't believe me then ask you a girl you know about how to setup a Pi4 for music purposes ;) I love...
  11. D

A look inside the Sonos Port

Still missing a link to a review of the port with measurements, anyone? :) Sonos claim to have improved the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the DAC by greater than 10dB relative to Connect, so chances are very good for a perfect 16 Bit coax output to a high-end DAC. I agree that high-res output...
  12. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

It all room dependent, one thing I have learned through the years is to buy speakers that matches the room, going for the opposite is a lost cause. DSP can only help to a certain point, after that your speakers will loose their signature sound. That's why you should always get a home audition...
  13. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

They would probably win that contest :), but what I meant was that they will ever get that airy/hollow slam big woofers have, big woofers have a more "live sound" than small ones.
  14. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I have to disagree, the 12" woofer is part of the experience making the music free and vibrant and what it takes to makes chest pounding bass:D, I know you can get more bass with 2 x 8" woofers, but they will always sound compress/restrained when pushed and never achieve that chest pounding...
  15. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

It been 3 months since I got my JBL 4349, and I have to say hands down it the best speaker I have ever owned regardless of price. On the technical side they might not live up to everyone expectations, but all I can say is that they are easy to place in a room, plays lovely and loud as hell...
  16. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

The JBL 4429 was a Japan version only at first, the spec are slightly different compared to the later Euro version. They extend down to 38hz -6db, euro version is 40hz -6db. The euro version also have a different tune on the horns with more roll-off to tame some of the sibilance that many Asian...
  17. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I owned both the 4429 and 4367, loved the 4429 and never became good friends with the 4367, way to detailed for me. Anyway I was looking for a pair of new or second hand 4429 as I really regret selling them, but could not find any, so I went to audition the 4349. The pair only had a few hours of...
  18. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

The JS-360 does not that great looking up close, the weldings are ugly and the paint to shiny. They are also way to tall, if I remember correctly your sweet spot is something like 105 cm.
  19. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

They look very nice:) I have both the JBL 4349 and the JS-120 stands. Distance between speakers are 2.5 meter and listening position is 3.3 meters, the height of the official stands are perfect but the tilt could be a little lower for my listening distance, 4-5 degrees would be perfect for both...
Top Bottom