Search results

1. Hiten

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

Pardon me. i was not talking about working conditions. Just speaker voice coil placement. It needs to be perfect center and longitudenally also as required by the designer. Focal has same method of having surround-cone-spider-coil one unit assembly. And both uses jig to place them. But focal...
  2. Hiten

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

at 11.50... Surround, Cone, Spider Voice coil fixing at one go. Good Technique ? I was under impression that voice coil and magnet gap should be as little as possible and practical and should be aligned as 'center' as possible. Shouldn't spider with voice coil be fixed first ? There seems to be...
  3. Hiten

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I am not talking about permission from manufacturer. But from the purchaser of the speaker who is owner. An explicit request for measurement by email and sharing the results in public domain. . Before this incidence occured no one would have bothered but since litigation and legal battle came...
  4. Hiten

But if owner of the speaker has emailed the reviewer and said I want to test this, I understand your method/process of measuring and allow it to share it with public (audio enthusiasts) should work ./? regards
  5. Hiten

Wouldn't a properly worded disclaimer work ? And if any equipment owner sends any equipment an email of him/her requesting measurement and his/her acknowledgement that he/she totaly agrees with measuring method be enough ? Regards.
  6. Hiten

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

(Image copied from earlier post of this thread. Is that Klippel stand ? ) Was the speaker previously measured like this ? if so, it will surely make difference. Only remains to be seen how much. I think Amir's method as mentioned in earlier post is correct way. Regards.
  7. Hiten

All these would have been not required if the speaker were designed in such a way that even if feets were removed it performs same. If speaker are stuffed with absorbant material on walls the difference in measurements would not be much to be noticed. regards
  8. Hiten

Amir measures all speakers with care and rigour. And how old speakers are; does that matter ? Difference would be minor. (Compared to other major flaws if they exist) Otherwise everyone would require to change their prefered speaker in few years. Isn't listening to tweeter axis preferable and...
  9. Hiten

Yes. But the review has been taken off so I doubt if comparison would be possible. A clarification from Erin about how the speaker was measured would be helpful. Actually the speaker should have been designed in such way that even if feet are removed the enclouser volume should be same. As...
  10. Hiten

The speaker in question is quite large, Feets are near the edge of speaker enclousre, and klipple measurement platform seems small (from internet images) so if without feets the enclosuer would have been working as open (small four ports) as discussed. So there ought to be difference in the...
  11. Hiten

Should the speaker which was reviewed kept in safe custody ? one would never know if need arises for remeasurements. I hope this gets resolved amicably or without any litigation. Regards.
  12. Hiten

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

If it was fine tuning inductor and component values, shouldn't it be done in the first place already ? Can you please share technical details how this was improved ? What are the chances of re-reviewing final version ? thanks and regards.
  13. Hiten

RIP member Scott Wurcer

I used to read his informative posts on DiyAudio. RIP Mr. Wurcer.
  14. Hiten

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Dont want to retest but, were there power versus distortion measurements done? Thanks for the review. note : grammer corrected.
  15. Hiten

Text to Image AI Generation

Why AI misjudged the proportional size of llama with respect to ship ?
  16. Hiten

[FIXED] Yamaha A-S700 intermittent power-on failure (and eventually full failure)

Here is nice vintage documentary with closeups. Soldering Few months a go I built a Phono Preamp. I always clean the leads of parts (Capacitors, Resistors) with very fine flint paper, Clean the pcb with isopropyl alcohol, than clean with dry cloth. Apply liquid flux and solder. Use minimal...
  17. Hiten

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Noise performance could be due to opamps used ? tone circuit I presume is in front panel. Could be IC based or discrete, so a loose/not proper capacitor etc ?
  18. Hiten

Refresh Me on S Tonearm vs. a Straight Arm

I think... if designed correctly the S shaped tone arm has equally distributed weight in Horizontal plane. Putting equal pressure on tonearm bearings. Torsional vibrations along with the axis of arm tube may be less or different. But S shape tonearm probably has more weight. The Classic J Shape...
  19. Hiten

Anyone seen/read Mackie MR x24 series measurements ?

I found some basic measurements on youtube review video. Here is the Link; Graphs at around 7:25 regards.
Top Bottom