Search results

1. W

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

I have Wiim Pro + Loxjie A30 + triangle Borea Br02, currently on sale lowest price ever $150 per pair! (i think adorama). I run the Wiim Coax out to Loxjie. Sounds great. Then I tweaked it because location of speakers. Got on sale, a Martin logan Unison for $100 and used it as input to the...
  2. W

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Just received the DMP-A6. One bug that is irritating appears when trying to match the app to the DMP-A6 on an ipad. The app first of all, only works in landscape mode, not portrait mode. Then the app asks you to pair the app with the DMP-A6 by scanning the code on the DMP-A6 with the ipad...
  3. W

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I do hear a difference with MQA on and off with the SU9. But it is somewhat subtle. More detail, more air. Its a bit more of everything with MQA. But with the SU8S, it is not a matter of more with MQA, it sounds fundamentally different, like a different DAC. Its strange. It explains what...
  4. W

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I got a 8S recently from a MassDrop for cheap, and got to compare with the SMSL 9. Very interesting. I would say the 9 is a better DAC, slightly cleaner, a bit more transparent and dynamic. But coupled with the right headphones, the 9 can be mesmerizing whereas the 8S is very good. In terms...
  5. W

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

right now on sale at Amazon prime users for $165
  6. W

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

I received the tone2 pro and here are my initial impressions. Despite the small size, it feels quality construction and parts. Sound is quite good, but will need to burn it in for a week to really know how it sounds. Right now, I would put it slightly at or above the SMSL SU8v2, Below the SMSL...
  7. W

Topping D90 vs SMSL SU-9 vs SMSL M500v2 vs Schiit Modius

Here's something to consider. I own SMSL, Schiit and Topping DACs. Schiit is in the USA and their support is top notch. I had an issue with one of their pieces after the warranty expired, sent it back to them and they checked it out and returned it for FREE. SMSL does not provide ANY...
  8. W

Another independent measurements of SMSL SP200

I can confirm that the pot on the Sp200 is not that great, whereas the monoprice one is nice. When I ordered my unit, I was told that no SP200 were being shipped due to a shortage at the factory of a part. Hmm, was it the pot and did they sub an inferior one? If you can do what I did - turn the...
  9. W

SMSL SP200: Do We Get Golden Samples For Review?

Edited with another 2 days of listening: Just received my SMSL SP200 to pair with the SU-8 v2. This thing is tiny compared to the monoprice THX. Sonicwise, it is dead quiet and sounds similar to the monoprice, but not quite the same. (2dB less noise I cant hear). A few minor things - balanced...
  10. W

I don’t think the su8/sp200 is too clinical. I think it is more accurate and the Asgard is colored. So if you are asking how to add warmth to a system, I heard tube buffers do that. Warmth tends to be a slight emphasis in the mid bass and some additional harmonic distortion in the even...
  11. W

I have the su8 and have used it with the mono price thx which is similar to the sp800. I also have the schiit Asgard 3 with akm dac and have done a comparison. At first the Asgard 3 sounded great. It’s got warmth and dynamics. But the su8/thx combo is cleaner and less distorted but not as...
Top Bottom