Search results

1. M

Sigma ADAU1701 Review (DSP Board)

You can go with an Aliexpress ADAU1452 but there are no measurements on the DAC and ADC. Specwise ADAU1452 is way better than ADAU1701, but the implementation for those boards is sketchy... What is your application? IE. if it's subwoofer implementation, I assume ADAU1701 is good enough...
  2. M

Sigma ADAU1701 Review (DSP Board)

ADC is very poor DAC is mediocre/good Software and customization are AWESOME for DIY audio. If someone would manage to make a good enough ADC board and plug it to the I2S ports of the ADAU 1701, half of the problems would be solved.
  3. M

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

Great thread! Thanks @McFly and @TulseLuper !! Any news on sending a speaker to Amir? That would be an awesome development in the DIY community. Cheers!
  4. M

Sescom SES-BUB-1206 XLR to RCA Converter Review

Like that hopefully something that is widely available to buy.
  5. M

Sescom SES-BUB-1206 XLR to RCA Converter Review

Thanks for the review! Would like a review of a converter the other way around, RCA to balanced XLR and 2Vrms to 4Vrms.
  6. M

Electrical cable as speaker cable

Excellent!! Thank both for your replies!
  7. M

Electrical cable as speaker cable

Quick question, I have lots of meters of electrical cable from my house renovations, which has stranded 100% copper, 4mm2 in diameter, 50 strands aprox. Granted, the jacket is not uber flexible, but... would it work properly as speaker cable? Specially on longer runs (5 to 10 meters)...
  8. M

Sonance DSP 2-150 Amplifier Review

Better yet! Thanks for your info!
  9. M

Good to know! Sadly they look the same! MKII: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sonance-dsp-2-150-mkii-amplifier-review.45556/ MKI: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sonance-dsp-2-150-review-dsp-amplifier.26030/ Do we know which module is...
  10. M

Lots of Sonance Sonamp DSP for PARTS or AS IS on eBay... maybe there are not good quality?
  11. M

3x Genelec 8030c, 2x Genelec 8010a

These habe AB class amps? 110v or 220v? Thx.
  12. M

Would a voltage transformer (220v to 110v) degrade performance?

i.e. (1) Denon X3600 120v version says: 660W 60HZ. This receiver is 105W per channel, with 9 powered channels... So, for this receiver it would be OK a 1200W transformer? i.e. (2) Integra DRC-R1 Processor 120v versions says: 65W 60HZ No powered channels... So, 100W transformer is OK? And...
  13. M

Would a voltage transformer (220v to 110v) degrade performance?

Hi, Straight up question... Would a voltage transformer from 220volts to 110volts degrade audio performance of a receiver or preamp/processor? Why I ask? I live in a 220volt country, where receivers and preamps are utterly expensive. It's cheaper for me to just import from USA... Most of USA...
  14. M

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

Yup, the SWAN 3way looks really good... But it looks there are not available anymore... Also, apart from DIY... I found the new Monoprice Encore and Audition series... they look really good. EAC reviewed the B6 and it does not look that terrible. It would be great if @amirm should review the...
  15. M

I think there are not many sealed bookshelves designs out there... For every 10 ported design you might get 1 or 2 sealed. Of course you can high pass any ported bookshelf, but then you are designing the speaker focusing on performing good below 80, 90 or 100Hz, down to 40 or 50Hz. What i say...
  16. M

When it says is a 700 euro speaker? I cant find the XO nor the price. In looks just as the speaker I want for my TV room... all5 channels with the same speaker, sealed, with waveguide, 6"+ inch.
  17. M

It looks really good!!! Congrats!! Thinked of sending it to Amir for measurements?? Also, why almost everyone design speakers to "avoid" subwoofers? Why not design a DIY speaker thinking it WILL be used with 1+ SW...
  18. M

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Kali Audio SM-5-C https://www.kaliaudio.com/santa-monica-sm-5-c @USD$999 for a single PASSIVE speaker... IDK if its cheap, but it seems that Kali wants to target higerish end active monitors like Neumann or the cheapest Genelecs...
  19. M

Crazy PA Coaxials for Hifi

Celestion has the new TFX line of coaxials... from 5" to 15" an they provide schematics for XO.
  20. M

Line Level Converters... any measurements?

I can see the irony on your comment, but I don't see any valid argument for it (plugin a speaker line level to another amplifier or using a HP output to drive another amplifier, both have no logic).
Top Bottom