Search results

1. M

Great Album Covers

Toundra — IV
  2. M

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

How can it be E30 is limiting factor when we're see DAC Perfomance Index and it measure very well?
  3. M

Why DAC manufactors has not an option 3.5/6.3 jack for interconnection?

5 Thank you, I will look for it. But it's hard to find such cable, local dealers have no idea about them.
  4. M

Why DAC manufactors has not an option 3.5/6.3 jack for interconnection?

Subj. Today when we appreciate multiple connectivity options, modern dacs have XLR/RCA/IIS/AES/Bluetooth options to connect it whatever you want. But it doesn't include jack, 3.5 or 6.3. I have old audio interface E-MU 0404 USB, it have 3.5mm or 2x6.3mm line outputs, I connected it to my O2 amp...
  5. M

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

Right about time, I almost pull the trigger on combo M200 + SP200. Thank you, will watching this thread for further explanations.
  6. M

USB audio interfaces interest

Yeah, it would be interesting to see. I still using 0404 USB as a DAC. Wondering if upgrade to "hi-fi" pure DAC would make any difference...
  7. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I wonder when Topping planning to release E50 to compete with SMSL M200 (AK4497)?
  8. M

Atom AMP a noticeable upgrade from the O2?

There is review of Atom vs O2: TL;DR: He prefers O2 because of build quality, he also mentioned there is no audible difference between them.
  9. M

Squealing/grain when running sweep tones

The buzzing issue is happily fixed. I discovered my whole system was powered by ungrounded outlet and connecting it to grounded outlet fixes this problem.
  10. M

Yes, same issue with connected to the onboard PC. However, that buzzing isn't always audible, I started noticing it from time to time. I also noticed strange thing, if I shake connected headphone a little bit, then buzzing gets louder. But for example if I hold O2 amp in my hands, or my hand is...
  11. M

My O2 uses a single 3.5mm jack for the input and the output. I tried to connect first cable which terminates 3.5 jack to O2, and to 0404 USB headphone amp (using 6.5 adapter), it affecting two channels at the same time. Second cable connected to 0404 has the same issue. I also tried connect O2...
  12. M

Today I noticed buzzing sound in my headphones, even when no sound is played at all. What it means? When I touch jack output buzzing is stopping. Please help.
  13. M

I tested it again. Most likely, there's two different issues. First, "grain" in high frequencies at 10khz+ tones. Swapping cable between channels helps that issue transferred from left channel to right channel. Second, high pitch squealing happens on both channel, and yes, at low volume this...
  14. M

I tried using files from https://music.apple.com/us/album/audio-test-tones/504657597 and play it in audio player . Still issue presents.
  15. M

Sure. play -V -r 44100 -n synth 180 sin 20+20000
  16. M

Hello, I have problem with my headphones. It's actually my second headphone (first was Hifiman Sundara and now Hifiman Ananda) and they somehow shares the issue. So, when i run sweep tones generated by SoX i hear high pitch squealing or grain at certain frequencies. I noticed it on both channels...
  17. M

When enough is enough or is there any need to upgrade entry-level DAC/Amp to complete with upper mid-fi headphones?

I don't think power is issue with O2, at least I get way more than enough volume control paired with Ananda, which is pretty efficient, even at low gain (1.0x). Howewer I don't know if more power will increase dynamics, soundstage, etc. I read Ananda thread on Head-fi and there are different...
  18. M

When enough is enough or is there any need to upgrade entry-level DAC/Amp to complete with upper mid-fi headphones?

So, I've joined audiophile journey 5-6 years ago, in that time I've had quite a few headphones: Sennheizer HD 215 -> Philips Fidelio X2 -> Hifiman Sundara -> Hifiman Ananda. It's not quite much, but still if we look price progression on these headphones, I went from bottom to sub-$1000, possibly...
  19. M

SMSL SP200: Do We Get Golden Samples For Review?

Well, as far I get ready to pull the trigger on this I found this thread. What a shame if this really has build quality issues, because the other THX variations such as Drop 789 or Monoprice 887 can't be even shipped to my country directly without forwarding services which makes it even more...
Top Bottom