Search results

1. T

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

I bought them both 10 days ago along with a Denon X3800h and a SVS SB-3000 subwoofer and, after quite a lot of AB switching between them, I definitely prefer the R3. Both were EQ-ed with the MultEQ app, several measurements and saved presets. Not sure how more detailed, better separation and...
  2. T

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Hi, Just recently got a Denon x3800h and was trying to test 2 pairs of speakers. Binded one on Front and other on High2 post, positioned them in the room and ran separate calibrations through the MultEQ paid app. The 2 calibration files were sent to Preset 1 and Preset 2. And now the issue...
  3. T

KEF R3 Speaker Review

So nothing to worry. Thanks, guys!
  4. T

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Sorry. The rings. The outer circles, the ones that touch the frame directly.
  5. T

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Quick question for any R3 owners. I bought a returned unit from a local dealer and, at a closer inspection, the upper driver from one of them and the woofer from the other are positioned a bit asymmetrically in the frame: the lower side sticks out 1 millimeter or 2 and the upper side is pushed...
  6. T

Speakers for Denon X3800h

Ordered a returned (should be like new) pair of R3 non-meta, Wharfedale Linton and a SB-3000 subwoofer (got a really good deal for a returned gloss black one at a bit over 1000, the gloss black goes to wife approval factor). Will test and return one pair of speakers. Considering if I should...
  7. T

KEF R3 meta Measurements

Thanks. I got a decent deal for a returned pair of R3 non-meta. Will listen at a bit more over 10 feet and will use a SVS SB-3000 subwoofer. I suspect it will be fine.
  8. T

I am very interested in music but, until now, was mostly headphones, have a pretty decent collection of those. Another thing to consider is trying to keep the spending somewhat limited and buy, at least at first, the things that would bring the most improvements so maybe I should mention the...
  9. T

Thank you! I was really considering no center, at least for the moment. Not even sure if the room qualifies as 30 or 50 square meters, given the shape. Not looking to fill the space, just to have good sound on the couch, where my listening position is. How much of a difference would Emotiva...
  10. T

Was looking around for separate amps and I can get either Emotiva BasX A2 or Emotiva BasX A5 for for 410 and 475 USD, respectively. Would this help with power/make a difference as far as LS50 Meta or R3 Meta go? Also, is it possible, should I get the A2, to have just the front 2 channels...
  11. T

Hi, I have a Denon X3800h on order and I was pondering on speakers to pair it with. Candidates at the moment are: 1. KEF LS50 Meta 2. KEF R3 (non meta) 3. KEF R3 Meta 4. KEF R5 5. Wharfedale Linton Will have 1 or maybe 2 SVS SB 1000 Pro or SB 2000 subwoofer. See below a rough drawing of the...
  12. T

KEF R3 meta Measurements

I have a Denon x3800h on order and I was considering these, along with LS50 Meta and R3 (non meta). Given the 4 ohms impedance, how well would the receiver be able to drive them? Not sure if makes any difference, I plan to add one or two SVS SB 1000 or 2000 subwoofers. Any thoughts on the...
  13. T

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

The Clear is definitely my favorite headphone (also have the LCD-3 and Sennheiser 660) but I cannot disagree too much with Amirm's review. Not sure what the tradeoff was for Focal but clipping at such low volume sometimes is just bad design and should have been avoided, considering the asking...
  14. T

Yeah, indeed :) Poor Clears can't get there, no way in hell. Assuming you don't mind not going there though, awesome headphones.
  15. T

That Pascal Gaigne track (Un espejo en el Cielo) seems to be a killer for quite a few headphones. Tested on Audio Tehnica ATH MSR7, Sony 1AM2, Sennheiser 660, 6xx, Verum One, Focal Clear Professional (same as Clear, different color) and Audeze LCD-3. Past a certain volume (not ear splitting but...
  16. T

Buying new headphones, please advise

Sennheiser HD 599 is discounted to 99E on amazon.de right now. Really great price to quality ratio. Also Phillips Fidelio X2HR is sometimes 100-110 pounds on amazon.uk. Great headphones.
  17. T

Speakers for a 45 square meters L shaped room

Hello, Kinda new at this so I could really use some advice. I have a pretty big L shaped living room with kitchen included and I was considering a two speakers setup. The big side of the L is about 30 sqm and the speakers will be placed close to the smaller inside wall. Looking at reviews and...
  18. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

So as long as I get close but not reach max volume on the control, it's fine with high gain off. Since the D3 is a little portable amp/DAC, I was a little worried that its actually louder than the Atom on low gain (both maxed volume). But I guess the high gain is there for a reason, should not...
  19. T

Thank you. Depending on the song, it's between 1 and 3-4 o'clock on the volume control. Is it even possible to listen at 9AM? It's like a whisper. Also, Windows volume for is 100 and Tidal volume is a bit under 98 or something (both for OL DAC). Would be better to listen on high gain and lower...
  20. T

Hi, I have a question either for amirm (great job with the reviews btw) or anyone who has both the JDS atom and the Audioengine D3 (the usb stick one) or something close to. Driving a Sennheiser HD 660s (150 Ohms), the D3 on max volume is a bit louder than the Atom on max volume (paired with...
Top Bottom