Search results

1. V

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

I have a set of 1.7 quasi ribbons, LRS+ also quasi and the 3.6 older pure ribbons and I used to sell Martin Logans and the LRS+ and the 3.6 are far more revealing than the Martin Logan driven with a high quality amp . The electrostatic are a bit easier to drive than the magnetic planer. So if...
  2. V

Got Airborne Magna RIsers, speaker stands for my Magnepan MMGs, and am very happy with them!

I experienced some delamination with my 3.6s so I just did a project on them and coated the panels with the new glue that is now used in the Magnepan factory and they are back to their previous glory. Fun but tedious process.
  3. V

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

I’m very pleased with my Freya + but I am listening to Magnepan LRS+ powered by the Peachtree Gan. 400 and it is the bee knees for my ears. I’m 58 but I just got my hearing tested ( wife said I could not hear her) so I am now in the doghouse for not listening. Anyway I’m glad to report that the...
  4. V

Peachtree Gan 1 beta testing sign-ups open

I have a Peachtree Gan400 , not Gan1 and I have had a very pleasant experience with it. I am in need of the extra power due to my speakers being Magnepan . They do a great job driving any of the ones that I have. MG 3.6r , MG 1.7, MG LRS+.
  5. V

First Impressions of the Magnepan LRS vs. the LRS+

All I know is that I don’t listen to graphs. My LRS + make me enjoy the music and I feel that I am immersed in sound, not like a headphone. Every instrument is a correct proportion and except for the lower frequencies it works well in my room. It is not the best I have ever heard but it is the...
  6. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

Mine has been delivered and it seems like it is sweet budget streamer . I have had the original version and Auris audifi as well as a raspberry pi and I am leaning towards this pro version of the wiim . Is is definitely a easy interface.
  7. V

Got Airborne Magna RIsers, speaker stands for my Magnepan MMGs, and am very happy with them!

Well I guess I should say that I was bit hard by the magnepan bug. After I purchased the LRS+ ( which I am loving) I found a pair of 1.7 on Facebook marketplace and bought them at a good price. Then I saw a listing for 3.6s and I thought they were a great deal so I went to hear them and they...
  8. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

I guess I have to decide between the coax and optical. I think I might just try the allo nirvana power supply and see if that helps.
  9. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

I ordered mine early yesterday morning and it supposed to be delivered on December 20th. I have a mini that is very nice but I am going to use the ethernet connection and usb port to my SMSL DO100. I am wondering if it will sound better than the DAC built inside.
  10. V

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

The SMSL DO 100 dac was on sale for Black Friday for @$181 . What a deal! I am not getting any sutter Or pop from the unit I have . Strange.
  11. V

Raspberry pi Vs wiim mini

I would like to know if I could get a pro Wiim unit. I have tried to find one but it seems like it is a unicorn feather.
  12. V

I guess the Wiim is going to be the winner unless I want to get the science project vibe when I look at the system.
  13. V

I have both and I am trying to decide between the two. I guess I should just hook up both to my SMSL DO 100 DAC and switch between the two and then I could hear the sound signature of each. I would use the raspberry pi usb output and the optical from the Wiim mini. The app I uses is the same...
  14. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

What are you doing to implement the DSP?
  15. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks, I appreciate it and I am still waiting for the Magneriser Mk7 stands to come in and I will be purchasing a bit more room treatment.
  16. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

No I am using Qobuz . Wiimm to a smsl do 100 via optical then I use balanced to a schitt freya + with a few upgraded tubes then balanced to my Peachtree Gan400 which is driving a pr of Magnepan LRS+ and a svs sub.
  17. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have finally got the wiim unt to work 24/192. It was not plugged in very well. The optical cable was plugged in but it was not connected properly.
  18. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have a couple of streamers and no matter what I do I can’t get either one to play any higher resolution than 48k . I am using a brand new Wiim mini and I have just loaded the app and I am using Qobuz ( new version of the app) I have it set at 24/192 in wifi streaming mode. I tried to use the...
  19. V

First Impressions of the Magnepan LRS vs. the LRS+

I have the 1.7 and the LRS + and I have replaced the steel jumpers to a small piece of solid core OFC speaker wire and at seems to sound better in the high frequencies. It might be psychological but I enjoyed the experience.
  20. V

WiiM Mini Streamer

Is there any difference between the original wimm device I purchased a year or so ago and the one that is being sold now on Amazon? I believe it has a 2 in the model # now.
Top Bottom