Search results

1. Dave Zan

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once!!

Just saw this and I'm still a little spaced out, very trippy movie, so maybe not a very literate review - links later. But lots of fun martial arts comedy science fiction family drama! Recommended, check it out.
  2. Dave Zan

State of the art Home Theatre - how?

Like a lot of people on this site, I am amazed that there is no really State Of The Art home theatre solution. Even $17,000 AV processors perform far worse than a $100 DAC. I would love to have some input on how could we do a SOTA HT. For a stereo system it's not too hard - with AES outputs we...
  3. Dave Zan

Sparks Brothers - Brilliant!

This is a movie about music, and full of music, so it's perfect for ASR. If you have never heard Sparks, or never even heard of* them, this is just a fun movie, the director is brilliant (Baby Driver, Shaun of the Dead, etc) And you probably will be a fan by the finish. If you are already a fan...
  4. Dave Zan

Accurate audio measurements

For a while I have worked towards an accurate DIY speaker measurement system. The idea is a modular system that will eventually (hopefully!) include Klippel style Near Field Separation. NFS puts stricter requirements on the measurement stability and accuracy than the usual speaker frequency...
  5. Dave Zan

Predicted In Room Response?

I have seen a lot of plots of the Predicted (or Estimated) In Room Response. Presumably created automatically by the Klippel software. But I can't seem to find a definitive statement of the precise calculation from the Spinorama data. Maybe it has been posted and I just can't find it in all the...
  6. Dave Zan

Cheerful News, for once!

Australia has finally reached zero locally acquired cases of Covid. So the situation is pretty upbeat here, especially because it's not just a one-off. We already had a zero day, then a few days with just a handful of local cases confirmed, all contacts of known outbreaks and therefore already...
  7. Dave Zan

Thread closures and controversy versus reality. Spoiler [Fact on the ropes]

I have noticed over the last 20 years the way the West has become more Orwellian - sort of post-truth, "reality is whatever people believe" society. We have even surpassed Orwell, in "1984" (and Stalinist Soviet Union) the authorities had to erase the physical evidence, the photos and documents...
  8. Dave Zan

Spinorama! (also known as CTA/CEA 2034 but that sounds dull, apparently)

Amir has posted his first speaker review based on Klippel measurements and it includes a lot of excellent information about the CTA (formerly CEA) 2034 standard. I have a few queries and ideas about that standard and probably other people have some interest in it too. So I have started this...
Top Bottom