Search results

1. J

Good and affordable alternatives to Belkin PF Surge protectors and Power conditioners

Yes I was looking at the PF60 online but do not find any opportunity to buy a used version of it. regarding Panamax and Furman i found them too, but as i do not know how reliable they could be i wanted to have your advises guys ! at least the panamax as a trigger that is already a good thing...
  2. J

Good and affordable alternatives to Belkin PF Surge protectors and Power conditioners

sadly not, I did call Belkin to know if it would be compatible, and they told me that no it won't, so i sold it ...
  3. J

Hello there, I used to have a Belkin PF40 when I was living in France, and now I'm living in USA and have had to sell my Belkin as it was said it was not compatible. Now I need to buy a new thing like the Belkin PF product in order to use my gears knowing that my amplifiers need to be...
  4. J

AudioQuest PowerQuest 3 Power Conditioner & Surge Protector Review

Hi there, I'm leaving in France and owing a BELKIN PF50, we will soon move to USA and i wanted to know if i would still be able to use it while the voltage & frequency will change from 240V to 110V. This way i would still have my compatible gears (110-240V 50-60Hz) plugged to it with the...
  5. J

Phono amp with XLR output for Pro-ject Debut Carbon

I'm looking at this one, thanks! just in case, is there any other option? Should i focus on this XLR connector or RCA is WAAAAYYYYYY sufficient for turntables?
  6. J

Phono amp with XLR output for Pro-ject Debut Carbon

Hello there, i'll have a Pro-ject Debut Carbon turntable for christmas ;-) this choice was quite easy compared to the number of feedbacks and the price range. now comes the more complex part, choosing the phono amp to link to my EMOTIVA XMC2. I've two choices for connecting the turntable to the...
  7. J

ASR reccomended external crossovers?

what kind of computer card can i use to connect my 2 XLR ANALOG Inputs?
  8. J

hey @Eurasian digging deeper in the proposal you were referring, could you guide me to sites, posts detailing a little bit more how it works? on my side, i need at least 2 Analog XLR input going to 2 XLR Outputs as this will only do the crossover thing, all the other things are driven directly...
  9. J

JBL XPL90 Speaker Review

I own and use a pair of XPL200 for HiFi & HC. these speakers are beautiful but giving their best only when bi-amp and with the use of their dedicated crossover the unfindable JBL DX1. So I'm struggling like hell to mimic the DX1 particularities with an active DSP, until yesterday I used a...
  10. J

Help needed - Alternative to DCX2496 or not

Thx, just did the try without success, as well as looking at the caps, none has a curved top. Back to starting point...
  11. J

Help needed - Alternative to DCX2496 or not

hello everyone, i need your help and expertise My DCX2496 is dead or almost, i'm not able to store anymore my settings and everytime i restart it all is gone, factory reset does not help. So before buying the same one, I'm asking if there is not a better alternative today. My objective is simple...
  12. J

is it just software crossover or hardware crossover as well?
  13. J

hello there, i'm looking at a DSP/crossover for my JBL XPL200, i used to use the DCX2496, and wanted to get something better, with less hum noise, from your investigations, which are the best options? XLR input/output would be important
  14. J

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Hello there, I'm posting here as most of the DCX users seems to have a look at this thread :-) So excuse me if it is a little bit out of scope. I've one weird behavior which i'm not able to correct. I've setup my DCX2496 for 3 speakers driven in 2 ways so in LHLHLH mode (A:left, B:center...
  15. J

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: - Objective2 + ODAC headphone amp & DAC (best bang for the buck ever made personally) for less than 100€ - Superlux HD-330 (replica of DT660 from Beyerdynamics) for 30€ - UMIK 1 + Dirac Live, simple easy - Hypex NC500MP dual mono amp (~600€) - Raspberry pi 4 with picoreplayer modded with...
  16. J

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Hello there, my speakers are some old JBL XPL200 which are giving their best with the unfindable DX1 crossover. In the meantime, i'm using a Behringher DCX2496 mimicing what the DX1 was doing for biamping these beauties knowing the fact that the DCX2496 is limited (by its name) to 24bits/96Hz...
  17. J

French/ european Hypex power amp builder

thanks will look at him :-)
Top Bottom