Search results

1. S

Opinions on Hypex Plate (FusionAMP) Amplifiers?

Update: Looks like not the the Plate Amps are defective, but the f*cking Oled Display... I've switched which module serves as master- and slave unit, hence i connected the display (which is also the IR receiver for the remote) to the other Unit. For two days it worked fine, then the loud noise...
  2. S

btw, if instead of using stand by i turn them off via the physical button, then turn them on again after some hours the slave unit neither detects a signal, nor is it recognised by the hypex filter design software. If i then pull the plug and didn't wait long enough the unit doesn't even turn on...
  3. S

The Coil whine is too loud to be normal. you can hear it in another room. Its more a buzzing or humming. I forgot to mention, but the Amplifier don't start, it feels like the dsp modul isn't booting correctly. Luckily the relais are still closed, so no danger for my compression drivers. After...
  4. S

I have 2 FA502 Plate Amps in use for three days now. One of them has a really annoying bug (the Master Unit in my configuration) If I turn them on via the remote (the Amps are in Low Power sleeping mode) after a longer period, the master units emits a very loud coil whine. The Sound is not...
  5. S

The kit we bought, our current setups

Lewt me guess: you deducted this by the look of the painting on the right side, am i correct? Because boobies ;)
  6. S

New Bedroom Setup: Speakers: JBL K2 S9800 Spin/JBL Engineering Data Sheet Amp: ASR Emitter 1 (Stereo Amplifier with 30KG external Power Supply) DAC: Topping E30 II Source: old Notebook
  7. S

I need some advice, JBL DD66000,Beolab 50 or KEF Blade One Meta?

45hz is anechoic - this means the speaker is flying in the air with no boundaries nearby. 29hz (-6dB) half space means the speaker is standing on the ground with no further boundaries - like Outside on a field. in a room, unless youre living in a giant hall, there will be at least one Wall near...
  8. S

@mlee You need an countersink drill for the screws which holds the mounting plate to the waveguide. The D2 is small enough that the screw holes were not covered, but the larger 2450SL covers the holes so you have to sink the screws. And you have to mount the driver on the plate before mounting...
  9. S

Current Living room Setup: Old JBL Cinema Speakers (4648a) with dual 2226H, on Top 2450SL on M2 Waveguide. I've revamped the enclosures a little bit (added 9mm multiplex on the front and rear, more dampening, some new paint) Subs are dual 15" CBs, so 8*15" in total. But honestly i have used...
  10. S

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

Hmm, my compression drivers have only one voice coil, but they are 4", therefore i think that should be ok. BTW the D2-Driver isn't that great in the region where he is crossed in the M2. The classic large format drivers have significant lower distortion there.
  11. S

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

For comparison, 2450sl on the d2 mounting plate. btw nice 18S driver. Maybe i‘m gonna get some be diaphragms in the future, but first i have to build the rest of the speaker for which the m2 waveguide was intended for.
  12. S

AFAIK the D2 driver was initially developed for Line Arrays with an x-over an octave higher. There its Output is at least equal to the large 4“ Dome drivers, while beeing smaller and i suspect cheaper to manufacture. Compared to my 2450SL Compression drivers, the D2 is a tiny thing.
  13. S

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

2 or 4 additional analogue outputs (for 3- or 4-way active stereo) and this unit would be the perfect piece of equipment for my usage.
  14. S

How many subs are you using and how big are they?

2 sealed diy Subs with 2 15“ drivers per Sub. Pre WWII-Houses in Germany have thick walls, therefore roomgain boosts helps a lot in my Setup. In a US style home made out of drywall and some wood i would need a lot more displacement… For outdoor use (Campground on a Festival) i have 2 bassreflex...
  15. S

@srm51555 What‘s wrong with the Truextent Dias? My next Speaker Project will include my M2 Waveguides with my second pair of 2450SL drivers, (Stock Aquaplas coated Titan) but the Beryllium Dias from Truextent are a long time on my List. Currently the plan is a large three way with 14“...
  16. S

Once i measured my Stage Accompany SA 8535 Ribbon Tweeter with the Waveguide at ~105dB in my Room. HD3 and higher order were at ~30dB, which was the rooms “idle noise“.
  17. S

Stage Accompany M59

Budget: Used Drivers ~1000€ Wood ~ 200€ Dampening material: rest from earlier project Speakons, screws and Otter smallparts: maybe 20€ Oil for the finish: found in cellar I only have some Moving Micro Method in room measurements, but they´re not recent.
  18. S

Super tweeters?

The Everest DD66000 has an Super Tweeter Crossed at ~20khz. If the Tweeter is covered with an blanket the difference is audible, but to be honest it's very subtle. If it wasn't there you wont miss it.
  19. S

Hiss List (S&R)

This is exactly what i have done with my active driven compression drivers, with the difference of using a transformer instead of a simple voltage divider. I now have to hold my ear directly into the horn to hear noise. At the listening position there is absolutely no noticeable noise.
  20. S

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

In every issue of Audio or Stereoplay are large advertisements for Klipsch. Nobody bites the hand who feeds him or her.
Top Bottom