Search results

1. KR500

Any wall outlet mounted surge receptacles recommendations ( not Tripp Lite )

Are there any good plug in duplex surge protectors anyone can recommend ? I have a Monster Surge Protector, two Tripp Lite 4 outlet ones and a rack mount but am looking for good two outlet ones that plug directly into a wall receptacle. My Tripp Lites are 10 years old but in reading reviews at...
  2. KR500

11 years ago - Topping MK 2 2020 Tripath amplifier

I purchased this amplifier new around a decade ago and just unpacked it after moving recently. My Tripath amp journey started like a lot of others with the plastic toylike Sonic Impact T amp, then the Lepai in a couple of configurations . Later I moved on to several others including the Dayton...
  3. KR500

iPad Lightning cable to Micro USB B Input on DAC ?

Just purchased a 9th Generation iPad to take over from my 2017 Android tablet playing Apple Lossless Music. How can you plug an iPad in to a Schitt Modi DAC usb micro b input ? I don't want to cough up $40 for the Apple adaptor, or use the iPad headphone output. Will a female USB adaptor from a...
  4. KR500

Apple Music Lossless

I have been enjoying Apple Lossless Music as a way to listen to music I don't have in my physical media library or burned to my iTunes Library as a CD with AIFF set as import or for burning. Apple Music has an option to " Add To Library" when you are in the App. You can't burn the album to disc...
  5. KR500

Has anyone measured the Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO ?

So far I have not turned up anyone's measurements of this headphone. There are a few search hits but they turn out to be a typo and reference the Edition DT-880 model. Any link I might have missed ?
  6. KR500

trying to find dongle DAC with micro usb for tablet

I am trying unsuccessfully to find an affordable dongle dac/amp for my 2017 Samsung Android Tablet. I won't be getting a new tablet with USB C until the end of the year; so I am trying to get something to use until then that is better than my 3.5 mm headphone jack. The micro usb to USB C...
  7. KR500

Any love for the Beyerdynamic 990 Edition 600 Ohm Headphones ?

I just received my new ones from amazon yesterday and after playing a CD on repeat for 12 hours gave them a listen. First impressions are excellent sound and comfortable to wear, the cable might need to be uncoiled for a while, it feels a little different from the cable on my Beyer 880 Edition...
  8. KR500

Little Dot Audio Partnership Announcement August 2020

This announcement from Little Dot Audio in my mailbox this week and thought I would share it here. I still enjoy listening to my Little Dot Mk.2 HA although the unit measured poorly here due to distortion . Mine is one of the earlier models Customer reviews at Amazon mention the more recent...
  9. KR500

Topping D30 not working with Mac Snow Leopard

My music server is a 2008 mini that is maxed out at OS Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and has been hooked by USB to Schitt Bifrost which has been kept updated. I just got a new Topping D30 from Parts Express and it sounds great with coaxial input from a CD player. Changing the Topping DAC input to the...
  10. KR500

Digital Audio Player question

I am moving from my Sony minidisc decks and portable player to a Samsung J galaxy android smartphone and galaxy tablet for music playback in certain supplementary situations. Is there any good reason to not use the 1/8th phone/tablet headphone jack ; and instead use the phone's micro usb out to...
Top Bottom