Search results

1. KR500

Headphone Recommendations for Magni+Modi stack.

“I am sure there are better options around for the price or a little bit more but I just love the design” Bellari makes a similarly priced 4 band eq but it has some reported safety design issues, I also own the Topping D10 DAC but prefer the Modi 3E
  2. KR500

“I am planning to purchase Magni + Modi + Loki stack” For your budget this is an excellent option imho I own the same stack and have upgraded to the latest models of the Magni and Modi, the 3+ and 3E They are improvements on the earlier models The JDS Labs stack are a great option but their eq...
  3. KR500

Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO 250 ohm model, or the non pro version if you listen for hours I also own the 770 PRO; 990 Edition and 880 600 ohm versions but feel the 880 PRO is the best all round balanced one of them after a lot of listening hours of each model I bought the exact same Schmidt Audio...
  4. KR500

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Thank you for noting this in your review Amir, I bought the Zero Red after your excellent review and really enjoy them, but as someone in their seventies feel I appear like a dork wearing them outside
  5. KR500

NAD C 368 has high pitched tone at all times?

My speakers are Seas with 94 db sensitivity and my Nad 316BEE V2 has some noise only if I put my ear next to the speaker and turn the amp up past 3/4 to maximum. Our former home had a separate electrical circuit for only my stereo, but not the house we just moved to. My Nad Amp remote stopped...
  6. KR500

NAD C 368 has high pitched tone at all times?

power issue ? Did you try a different outlet or using a power conditioner What else shares that circuit besides the stereo equipment
  7. KR500

Best 100$ IEM? (Hexa??)

I have been spending time every day with my Truthear Zero Red IEM's the last month since purchasing. Like yourself I also own the Beyer 770 PRO HP . My Beyer 770 Pro's are the 250 ohm Model though. Music Sources are Red Book CD playback through Tascam CD Player or Apple Lossless Music through my...
  8. KR500

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Thanks for the excellent review Amir. I did cut back on spending to save for and purchase the Zero Red. An excellent audio product for $55 and 'props to TruthEar and Crinacle for it. The last couple of weeks I have been listening to them playing Apple Lossless Music with my Apple iPhone and...
  9. KR500

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

The knobs on the Loki that control the lowest and highest frequencies 40 and 8 are 12 db cut/boost and the middle two knobs are 6 db. I use minimal adjustments of 1 to 1.5db’s , the only exception is for my Beyerdynamic headphones to notch the spike out at 7 k where I cut 4 or 5db
  10. KR500

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

I own one and enjoy using the Loki as a glorified kind of tone control in my headphone setup with very minor adjustments and it works well there. I also have a stereo 31 band graphic eq in my secondary system. Thanks for reviewing Amir although it was a bringdown to see that pink panther for the...
  11. KR500

Most cringeworthy Movie Cliche.

note to sounds effects departments: stop adding the little bit of feedback sound in EVERY scene in a movie with a microphone and podium. Cease and desist order
  12. KR500

Anybody ever auditioned monitors at Sweetwater in Fort Wayne?

My experience and purchases making the long drive there a few times have been worthwhile and support is excellent
  13. KR500

typography/fonts of hifi brand websites

Interesting link to the introduction to typography, thanks for posting
  14. KR500

Any wall outlet mounted surge receptacles recommendations ( not Tripp Lite )

Are there any good plug in duplex surge protectors anyone can recommend ? I have a Monster Surge Protector, two Tripp Lite 4 outlet ones and a rack mount but am looking for good two outlet ones that plug directly into a wall receptacle. My Tripp Lites are 10 years old but in reading reviews at...
  15. KR500

Best low budget movies.

Napoleon Dynamite Jon Heder was paid $1000 for his role He was properly compensated later when it became a sleeper hit
  16. KR500

Mac Mini and external DAC advise please . . .

Must be, my first entry level Sony CD Player with it's simple onboard DAC has been sitting in a closet ever since the first affordable outboard DAC's appeared for consumers.
  17. KR500

The resolution on the Topping DAC is intoxicating and you love it...... at first
  18. KR500

I have a Mac mini and NAD integrated amp and have logged many hours of listening time with both my Topping D10 DAC and my Schitt Bifrost and Schitt Modi 3 dac’s So far I am most pleased with the sound of my recently purchased Schitt Modi 3e DAC. The Topping DAC has tremendous resolution but the...
Top Bottom